Importing Flightplan causing P3DV4.4 to crash.

I have been importing Flight Plans successfully from little navmap into the q400 for a while including the latest version of P3D (V4.4). After a successful flight this morning t thought I would try another hop from Montreal to Boston. In trying to enter the FP, I follow the following steps in the FMS. Accept/ FPL/ and copy PLT Route. As soon as I press the PLT Route button, P3d V4.4 crashes and disappears. This is curious since all worked well before.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Rolf

Comments

• edited December 2018

Not quite sure what the issue would be since the FP is converted via Little NavMap. I would suggest reaching out to the developer with this issue initially, and if there is anything that we can do on our end to help rectify the issue he is more than welcome to reach out to us via our Support dept.

If I get some time over the weekend, I'll have a look at this utility as I have heard some good things about it.

Cheers

• Thanks for your reply. I will see what Alex things about this issue.
    Rolf

• Well, I managed to pull the latest release of Little NavMap and built a flight LPPT/LPMA and had it exported for the Dash format ".FPR", had no problems. Since the latest update keep us posted if there are any further CTDs and more so if you are able to replicate them - this way the developer of NavMap and or us at MJC may be able to identify the underlying issue.

• Hi, I tried loading the flight LPPT/LPMA but I got as as far as pressing the PLT button when P3D v4.4 crashed. I am using Little NavMap 2.2. I am wondering whether uninstalling and reinstalling the q400 would do the trick? I tried loading a PLN into P3Dv4 just to see if it would crash but it did not. Obviously it did not show up on the fms but it did not crash P3Dv4.4. What do you think?
    Thanks for the help. Rolf

• Hi, I have great news. I reinstalled the Majestic and all appears well. All the old flight plans disappeared and we are starting with a new slate. The new LNM plan I put in is properly reflected in the FMS and that is terrific. The only hiccup is the fact that the APU is attached to the plane in the plane selection section twirling around. How to eliminate that is something that I will check out in the forum. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

• I had a similar problem but using flight plans from simbrief. Using your hint above, I simply deleted all the flight plans in the routes folder and restarted P3D. I then exported my current flight plan was able to the 'copy plt rte' option to select it.

• Just saw a related post with this problem (related to the number of flight plans in the routes folder): http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/348/crash-when-loading-a-stored-route-having-more-than-64-stored-routes#latest