Hold pattern

edited February 2021 in Operational questions

Hi.
Question about hold pattern.
How i leave hold pattern and to continue my way ?
what's the the procedure ?

Comments

• edited February 2021

If you are in a holding and are to continue your routing, real ATC will ask you to do so. In the sim, when you are not flying online, you are your own pilot, so you can decide for yourself. There are actually 3 options, which the Dash also displays accordingly.
    1. Activate PROCEED in Holding on the NAV / MNVR page. This means that the Dash continues the current holding until the Holding Fix and then returns / continues to fly to routing.
    2. If you want to / should leave the holding faster, you can accelerate the procedure according to point 1 by calling up the DTO page after activating PROCEED and directly selecting the holding fix. The Dash then turns directly to this point, then continue as under point 1.
    3. If ATC directly assigns you a point of your following routing, you go directly to the DTO page. With the selection of the DTO point, the holding is also automatically ended, the Dash flies to the new waypoint.
    If ATC assigns you an HDG instead of a waypoint, you can enter this on the MNVR page via HDG and thus switch to LNAV HDG SEL. Here the Majestics Dash has problems and will stay in the holding after a bit of back and forth (at least I've made the experience) If an HDG is then instructed to set this accordingly on the MCP and switch to HDG as flight mode. At some point you will then be directed to the next point of the routing and select this with DTO, but then switch back to the NAV mode.