Transition between intial climb and Climb

after lift off, after cleaning up the aircraft (gear up/ flaps up), i would climb at Vclimb speed given by the Aurasim:

until Transition altitude where then i would climb at 210 kt until TOC, Josh a dash pilot that made the cadet Q400 video series for the majestic with airline2Sim said that he would generally use 200-210 kt for climb speed.

But when should I climb at that speed, just after acceleration altitude?

Comments

• edited January 2019

Exactly, you can set your MDA knob to your acceleration altitude, so generally Airport elevation + 1000ft (rounded up to the next 10) and use this is an indicator of when the acceleration alt is reached. As soon as you're in a clean config and Props selected to either 900 or 850 for climb, the desired IAS is set.
    That's how FlyBe handles it.

Also, regarding the climb profile, at FL150 you would typically press the IAS button again, which causes the Pitch Mode to activate. Then you would aim for a pitch of roughly 5-6 degrees, up until reaching TOC.

Of course there are also different climb types, but this is a rather typically one, used by the biggest Q400 operator.

• Just to give another airline perspective, my airline flies at 10 degrees pitch below acceleration height. At acceleration height we hold the 10 degrees pitch until the pilot monitoring calls flaps zero, then we accelerate to 240 for a normal climb, using whatever pitch is necessary to maintain that. After 10,000ft we fly at 5 degrees pitch and whatever speed.

• thanks for your inputs guys

• @afcraig2010 said:
    Just to give another airline perspective, my airline flies at 10 degrees pitch below acceleration height. At acceleration height we hold the 10 degrees pitch until the pilot monitoring calls flaps zero, then we accelerate to 240 for a normal climb, using whatever pitch is necessary to maintain that. After 10,000ft we fly at 5 degrees pitch and whatever speed.

i see the climb is very airline specific !