Scripts folder and Q400 variables [RESOLVED]

edited July 2018 in Customer support

The Special Features document explains how to assign Q400 controls to j'stick buttons by
using Q400 variables contained in the " ..\scripts\varList.xls. " file.
The varList.xls file has apparently been replaced by a " VariablesMap.xlsx " and I can't
find any AFCS entries in it. I am hoping to be able to make the following assignments
to my joystick buttons >>
J0_b0=AFCS_->outputs.AP_diseng_indicator
J0_b1=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button
J1_b5=AFCS_->inputs.GA_button
Is there a way to accomplish these assignments with what is currently installed ?
Thank you,
Ken

Comments

• First off, yes, these commands should work, except the first one. If you are just looking for a normal AP disengage (so if you press the button once the AP disengages and the second time you hit the button, the advisory goes out), then I would recommend to use Jx_by=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage instead. Works like a charm.

And furthermore, the VariablesMap.xlsx has multiple sheets, also including the AFCS assignments you mentioned, except the first one.

• I have excel, but don't use it much and not sure how to access
    the other sheets. I'll try to figure it out ~:)
    Many thanks for the info, the tips and the recommendation.
    Best regards,
    Ken

• OMG(osh) , What a treasure trove !! Thanks again for the tips.
    Ken

• Hi, what are the steps to follow to programed a especific button like AP VERTICAL SPEED button or AP IAS button also the BLEEDS AND AUX TANK PUMPS please help ME.
  • Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread. This is the most recent one I could find doing a quick search.

Today I tried to assign two buttons using the mjc84.ini file:

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
    J0_b10=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage
    J0_b2=AFCS_->inputs.GA_button

For some reason, the above inputs seem not to work in my simulation (P3Dv4.4 with the 1.020a Pilot version). I have three game controllers (all USB) in total, and I tried everything from "J0" to "J3". No luck.

Is there anything else I will have to observe in order to make these button assignments work?

For what it's worth: other changes in the *.ini file, such as LBS vs. KGS etc. work flawlessly.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
    Oliver
  • Oliver,
    Are you positive you have the right button numbers? Majestic starts at b0 so you might need to apply a -1 offset to match.

• Thanks, this was it. It says right there in the documentation that it’s 0-based, but the practical implication (i. e. offset required) never occurred to me. Stupid me, everything’s fine now.

Regards,
    Oliver