BBI 64 Button interface with Q400

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has used a Leo Bodnar 64 button interface with the Q400 ? It makes a cost effective way to get 64 inputs but makes mention that some systems don't recognize 64 inputs from a single device.

also

Can the joystick interface send bytes for variables like the flaps that can be set 0 to 4 or is it just 0 and1 (on /off) ? The documentation supplied is for the Training Edition but then mentions the Pro.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=300

Comments

• I currently have 4 different Bodnar boards running with the Q400. I am Using LINDA for the interfacing, running an overhead panel, pedestal panel (FGP, EFIS controls, hyd/aux pumps etc.). Haven’t figured out how to interface through XML or UDP yet but that’s on my list to learn. Currently building an FMS and planning on interfacing that through a BBI-64 and commands in the ini file.

• Thanks for the reply. Can you get outputs with LINDA and if so which type of board are you using?
    I have the overhead inputs working with UDP and Ardunio but not the outputs.
    I can share an example of UDP inputs if it helps. I haven't figured out XML either.

• I don’t have any outputs working through Linda right now, but that’s not to say it’s not possible.

Yeah if you could share that, that would be great. Might be good to piggy back off of that.