Landing Gear Issue

Landing Gear not retracting even with Pins stowed ?
All other systems appear normal.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hello,
    It happens from time to time and it was discussed in the old forum.
    I am not sure we can do nothing about it as it appears to be a bug but it happens only once to me over 1000 hours of flying with the Sim.
    Otherwise you could have the random failures "ON" and you could get rid of them if you wish.
    JP

• @jpgmultimodal said:
    Hello,
    It happens from time to time and it was discussed in the old forum.
    I am not sure we can do nothing about it as it appears to be a bug but it happens only once to me over 1000 hours of flying with the Sim.
    Otherwise you could have the random failures "ON" and you could get rid of them if you wish.
    JP

I have flown the Q 400 for well over 1,000 and never had a failure. How can I see if Random failures are turned on, I have the Pro, and cannot find that setting anywhere?

• I might join in there. Go into the majestic ini file located here: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini and search for "wearofffactor". The number that follows gives the relation between how often a failure will happen in the sim and how often those failures appear irl. So, having the wearofffactor set at 1.0, you would get failures as rare as it is in reality (roughly of course).

• @lgl3592 said:
    I might join in there. Go into the majestic ini file located here: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini and search for "wearofffactor". The number that follows gives the relation between how often a failure will happen in the sim and how often those failures appear irl. So, having the wearofffactor set at 1.0, you would get failures as rare as it is in reality (roughly of course).

Thanks.