So much speed on approach!

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my head around this aircraft and the issue I'm having is controlling my speed on approach.

So far, even at flight idle with flaps out and gear down I seem to regularly have an extra 30-40 knots that I never asked for and sure don't want. I usually follow the published STAR/Approach for my arrivals but I'm just not managing the approach speeds properly and don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Warwick

Comments

• Warwick,

Could you provide some screenshots or a video of your approach. I really fly a lot with this plane, but I do not experience your problems. I assume, you have calibrated your throttles accordingly, so that you are really at idle. Which type of approach are you flying? Please provide as many details as possible, so that we can help you to solve your problems

Rgds
    Reinhard

• I can only agree with Reinhard, if I take back the PL at the Dash, the speed goes down directly. I am very excited about the pictures

• Hi guys,

Thanks for that and I'll take some pics in the next day or so. I'm generally at flight idle from around 10,000' and usually fly the published STAR/Approach patterns for whatever airport I'm arriving at. I aim to be at around 18% torque over the threshold and sometimes it all comes together but other times I get to practice my go arounds!

Cheers

Warwick

• And wouldn't you know it, my last landing went just fine (from a speed point of view anyhow). I think it's just more practice really.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Warwick