Dash 8 no flight directors appearing and AP not doing anything.

Hi Folks,

I am using the Dash 8 400 with P3D v5.1

I hope you can help me. The lack of information on my issue when I Google about it suggests I am missing something obvious, but I do not get flight directors appearing on the PFD, and pressing the AP button when the aircraft is in flight does not actually engage the AP. NO AP notification appears on the PFD and the aircraft does not do anything to suggest the AP is engaged.

All I can garner from reading Majestic manuals is that pressing the clickspot on the throttle leavers should activate GA and do something with the flight directors, but it does nothing in mine.

I have followed the PDF turorials as best I can and no flight directors ever appear on the PFD.

When watching Youtube tutorials, it seems the flight directors appear on the PFD as soon as they press a button such as HDG or NAV.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft on my PC, but it is the same. No flight directors on the PFD and AP not actually doing anything.

I have attached a photo of pre takeoff where I have been unsuccesfully trying to get flight directors.

Could you let me know please what I am missing, or doing wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• At Taxi you can push the Takeoff/Go Arround Button on the side of the Power Lever. In this Moment the FD bars shows the indormation of Takeoff Pitch and direction.
    The Flight/Taxi Switch must be in the Flight position, by the way, but has nothing to do with it. But you activated TCS (Tactical Control Steering) on ​​the yoke, coincidence? This disconnects the servos from the AP.

• edited June 2021

Thanks for your answer.

You have pointed me in the right direction by noticing the TCS displayed in the PFD.

In the control panel I have the aircraft set to load ready to fly, and the TCS notification on the PFD was already there when the aircraft loaded.

I found the thread below about TCS being assigned to a controller button in the mjc84.ini file, and I followed the instructions within the thread to disable this.

Upon restarting P3D, the aircraft is now loading up with the flight directors showing on the PFD, and TCS not being there.

I guess if I ever want to use the TCS once I am familiar with the aircraft I will need to revisit this and find out exactly what controller button was causing the issue, and find a way to get it to work properly rather than disabling it.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/939/tactile-control-steering-tcs-indication

Edit - I'm just doing a quick trial circuit to test the AP and it is working fine now. Thanks for your help.