Flight Number in the FMS

Hello all, wondering if the Q400 FMS takes a Flight Number entry similar to the way the Boeing FMS does? Can't see where to enter it. In RL, how does ATC ident the flight if this feature is not available?

Comments

• As far as I know, the flight number is not necessarily transmitted via the entry in the FMS. In this case, the flight ID becomes part of the data transmission of the transponder signal. But there are also aircraft without FMS or where the automatic transmission of the ID via the FMS is not yet planned. Here, after the controller has assigned a corresponding Sqawk to the pilot and then received this signal on the secondary radar, it can assign / enter a corresponding identifier (flight number).

• The UNS-1 does not have a flight number feature. If anything, to comply with ADS-B requirements I would guess that the flight number is inputted into the ARCDU (similar to Embraer 145) but Majestic has not simulated this as of yet.

• Thanks for your comments. ARCDU input sounds plausible for ADS-B.

• Found in the Flybe manual:

Aircraft Identification
    Access the FLT NBR field from FPL MENU 2/2, LSK [3R]. Input the Aircraft
    identification (e.g. BEE281E – no spaces or hyphens) and press the ENTER key.

But we do not have this feature in our Majestic Q400 UNS-1.

• Ah, mystery solved. Yes, I see the the menu item is there in the sim under FPL MENU 2/2, "FLT LOG" at LSK 3R but not accessible. Great work!

• @jpgmultimodal said:
    Found in the Flybe manual:

Aircraft Identification
    Access the FLT NBR field from FPL MENU 2/2, LSK [3R]. Input the Aircraft
    identification (e.g. BEE281E – no spaces or hyphens) and press the ENTER key.

But we do not have this feature in our Majestic Q400 UNS-1.

I can concur - this is the procedure used at Horizon Air as well. QX uses the UNS-1EW, and the setup is identical (except the airline code is QXE, i.e. "QXE2400" for the flight number). As previously stated, this is for ADS-B compliance, and has even prompted a change to the Normal Checklist.