Training Edition Blank window when using Syspan on an another computer

Hello,

Many thanks to the team for this great (and so long awaited) addition !

Unfortunately, I can't use the SystemPanel as remote instructor station on my second computer.
When I run the mjc84syspan.exe I have a blank window.(it runs well when on the MJC8Q400 installation computer).

When I move the mouse over the blank window, a little hand appears depending of the position, and I can close the window by clicking on the top right corner, but that's all I can do.

Syspan folder copied on the "client" computer
Both mjc84.ini (Syspan and MJC8q400) are set with broadcast_mask IP and UDP port as per in the documentation, and port 49240 49230 are opened in each computer's FW.
Tested with AV on and off.
In the windows tasks manager, the program is named as "TODO:(32bits)"

WIN11pro on both computers

Any idea?
Thanks

Georges

Comments

• After several trials, still unable to get the syspan working as remote station.
    It works flawlessly when on the local computer.

UDP protocol connections are set up as follows :

In the mjc84.ini (mjc8q400/ini folder)
    ; UDP 2 CONNECTOR FOR THE INSTRUCTOR STATION
    [UDP_CONNECTOR_2]
    UDP_ENABLED=1
    SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=4; // 32 times per second
    UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=YYY.YYY.Y.YY:49230
    UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49240

where YYY.YYY.Y.YY is the computers's IP where the /syspan folder is copied

In the mjc84.ini (syspan/ini folder)
    ; UDP 0 CONNECTOR TO FSX SETTINGS
    [UDP_CONNECTOR_0]
    UDP_ENABLED=1
    SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=16; // 8 times per second
    UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=XXX.XXX.X.XX:49240
    UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
    UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49230
    ICP_TX_FILTER=4096; // FAILURE

where XXX.XXX.X.XX is the main computer's IP (where p3d and MJC are installed)

I have ActiveSky and the LH Maddog InstructorPanel located on this "client" PC
    and all works as expected.

Did I make something wrong ? Any advises would be appreciated.

Thanks

• I tested the syspanel and got the same problem as you only in the cockpit edition. I really wonder what we are missing :)

• Thanks for testing renamedia,
    Yes I wonder too. Hope dev will have a look into this issue.

• Could you please install the Q400 at a remote computer ? When prompted for the path, enter any path you like, for example C:/Q400EFIS The EFIS will be found in the simobjects/airplanes/mjc8q400/EFIS within the installation

In the future we will create a separate installer for the EFIS application in order to bypass this issue

• Many thanks Boss, that did the trick ! But i'am surprised, because it's not what it is written in syspan documentation

"If desired, the System Panel application can be copied to a different computer by copying the folder /syspan with all of it's content. In that case the application can be used as remote instructor station. Please note, that the System Panel application is fully self-contained and does not have to reside on the PC where MJC8Q400 aircraft is installed."

For simmers who would like to install the syspan on a remote computer, do the following :smile: As Boss said, intall le MJC on the remote computer in any created folder of your choice. Ignore errors messages that might occur during installation.
    When done, in the "remote" mjc8q400/syspan/ folder, edit the mjc84.ini with the correct networked IP configuration to comply with the documentation. (see my setting above)

Btw Boss, I'll have to send you an email to reset my allowed installation remaining !

Thanks again
    Georges

• I still have no luck with the efis.... seams like the syspan is ok

• Sorry you still don't get solved your issue. I would suggest you contact directly Oleksiy via the email support.

Merry Christmas to everyone !

Georges