Closing and opening doors

I have the pro version and using p3D4.5 . Having a heck of a time with opening and closing the doors they open then they close and never know what there gonna do .I have to keep checking them, I am using just the mouse , I try single click, ,double click , just about every way . Is there something else i can try ? Thinks Louis--- cyyc

Comments

• Hi Louis,
    Using the FMS can be finicky, but it does work. A single click is all that is required. Try opening one door at a time, waiting till it is fully open, then click on the next door. The doors open slowly, and you do have to wait for the process to finish. Keep an eye on the FMS exits page font to change slightly indicating the door is full open.
    If you want a second option that bypasses the FMS, I highly recommend going to AVSIM and searching their library for the Q400 exits gauge by Jim Hodkinson. It is a small gauge (DLL) file that does require a manual install, as well as modifying the Q400 panel cfg file. The included install instructions are very easy to follow.

***As always, make a back-up of the Q400 panel cfg file BEFORE making any changes.

Cheers, Jax.

• Ok thanks Jax will do, and check Avsim , couple time i took off with the front door open

• @Louis said:
    I have the pro version and using p3D4.5 . Having a heck of a time with opening and closing the doors they open then they close and never know what there gonna do .I have to keep checking them, I am using just the mouse , I try single click, ,double click , just about every way . Is there something else i can try ? Thinks Louis--- cyyc

I have some sort of doors issue since I own the Dash 8 (and it never went away).
    Yes, you click it once and have to wait until it's open (you can see the font changing).

My issue is closing them! Test -> open all 3 doors (from top to bottom). After all are open, try closing the second one from the top.....I bet the FMC will close another one instead of the selected.
    It also happens if you have all 3 open and want to close only the PAX (the first one). It will close FWD cargo ;).

• Yep, I have noticed the same thing, which is why I always use the Q400 exits gauge. It has worked flawlessly since 2013.
    ps, And if Mr. Hodkinson happens to see this thread, "Thank-You".

• edited February 2022

I installed the Jim Hodkinson tool and my troubles are over - thanks a bunch Louis cyyc