Turbulence effect tuning

I found it really difficult to fly dash 8 through clouds. It seems like the turbulence has too strong effect on the plane. Even with calm wind reported in Metar and just some broken clouds with out any thunderstorms in vicinity the plane shakes and jumps up and down. Many time AP will just disconnect.
I use P3Dv5 with the latest hot fix + active sky.
I know there is an option within active sky to limit the turbulence effect. I was trying to find recommended settings for active sky + majestic dash but couldn’t find any.
Can someone share what are his settings for active sky?
If I remember correctly on the old forum there was also an advice to edit the ini file to limit the turbulence effect but I could find it.

Comments

• edited February 2022

I have the following notes in a text file. I cannot recall where I copied them from; it may have been from the old forum ...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Depending on your controller setup and which weather software you are using, the turbulence effects placed on the aircraft, as calculated by the FDE, may appear to be too severe with the aircraft experiencing excessive pitch and roll movements, even in light turbulence. This can make the aircraft difficult to fly manually, with certain flight phases appearing to be unrealistically challenging (for example, takeoffs and final approaches).

To modify this behaviour, adjust the TURBULENCE_FACTOR value in the mjc84.ini file. Lowering the value from 0.75 (default) will lessen the turbulence effects on the aircraft. Conversely, increasing the value will intensify the turbulence effects on the aircraft.

It seems that 0.5 is an acceptable value being used by people running Active Sky Next (ASN) or Active Sky 2016 (AS16) weather software.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Based on these notes, I have the following value in my mjc84.ini file: TURBULENCE_FACTOR = 0.50

In ActiveSky I have "Maximum wind turbulence" set to "25", "Turbulence effect scale" set to "25", and "Enhanced turbulence" set to "Off".

These values seem to work fine for me not just for the Dash 8, but also for other aircraft (A2A, PMDG, FSLabs, Flight1, etc). I am running P3Dv4.5 with HotFix3 and "ActiveSky for P3Dv4" (otherwise known as "ASP4").

• Thank You. That solved the issue.