Autopilot disconnect sound in 1.024

2»

Comments

• @aua668 Thanks! I am not all that unfamiliar with scripting or XML, although I am no expert. I will definitely look in to this. However, with my AFCS_FSX_SYNC parameter set at 0, my joystick's fire button does already toggle the autopilot ... so it is just the disconnect sound that I need. I need to map a sound to the event. I have read a thread on the Internet somewhere about how to do that, so I'll have to do a search. Although, until I investigate that more, I am not sure that is even going to work as the sound may fire in other aircraft when I press my joystick's fire button. Of course, if I could map the sound to a Q400 variable such as APDisOff, then that could work. Hmmm.

• edited February 2022

I have made an attempt at some scripting, and also at mapping the aural autopilot disconnect tone sound to pulling the fire button on my joystick to disengage the Q400 autopilot. I struggled a bit and had limited success. I'll spare the details here.

I think my best course of action is to leave the AFCS_FSX_SYNC parameter set at 0 in my ini file (thankyou @aua668 for that suggestion) along with J2_b0=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage. This means my joystick's fire button will disconnect the autopilot and I will hear the aural tone. And, it also means there is no possible conflict with my setup having autopilot disconnect commands mapped within P3D itself.

Whilst I am happy that, according to what I have read, this works as per the real aircraft, I am disappointed that it means I'm unable to operate the autopilot as I would like. This setup means my joystick's fire button is mimicking a press of the A/P DIS button on the yoke to disconnect the autopilot, as opposed to using the AP button on the glareshield, and that means I am unable to toggle the autopilot on and off at will, which is what I would prefer. But, at least I am now hearing an aural tone when I disconnect the autopilot. I suppose I will get used to this setup over time, and I can at least justify it in my mind as "a quirk of this unique aircraft". :smile:

Whilst I have achieved an end result, I am still left wondering if the lack of an aural tone when the autopilot is disconnected via the AP button on the glareshield is how it actually is in the real aircraft, or whether it is possibly a bug or an oversight in the 1.024 version of the Q400.