APU won't shutdown

After engine start, I turn APU GEN to off, wait 60 seconds, and then turn off APU power. Within a few seconds the "start" button displays amber and the APU Fuel Valve Indicators begin to rapidly flash back and forth. Recycling the APU doesn't help. I have double checked my procedure and nothing I can find in any of the literature speaks to this issue. I closed down FSX. Restarted my computer (WIN 10) and selected a different Q400 model. The exact same scenario repeated. I watched the Youtube videos and even downloaded the Airline2sim training course for Q400 and nobody else seems to have this problem so it is not addressed. I am using FSX SP2. Please advise.

Craig

Comments

• The problem disappeared midflight after I went to outside view and then back to VC then to overhead. It must be an FSXism. Will monitor it during this flight and future flights but seems to have nothing to do with the Q400 sim directly so disregard the above post for now. Thanks

Craig

• Unfortunately the issue was not remedied as I had once thought but instead keeps coming about at weird times. In my last flight, the APU refused to stay shut down with the APU fuel lights flashing rapidly back and forth and the start button with amber bar even though the bus was open and APU had been shut down by first disconnecting generator switch, waiting over a minute and then turning power button OFF. All seemed good (engines were started) but as I was doing after start check the APU problem suddenly appeared again: flashing APU fuel lights and amber start switch even though the APU was totally OFF. The Takeoff config warning indicated something was amiss but the CP was totally black and all items were set for takeoff. I must assume the APU issue was causing the misconfig warning. When I was airborne I did after takeoff list and APU then was behaving normally indicating all was OFF. No problems during the flight but once on the ground it started acting up again as I was exiting the runway. I know this can't be normal but I am at a loss. Please advise me.

Craig

• Until the issue is fixed, please only operate the APU switches via VC or via 2D panel, do not mix both