Can someone explain how to taxi for dummies (who don't want to fiddle with axis assignments etc)

I installed the latest version of the PRO version. Using a Microsoft FF joystick (I know...).

Absolutely no problems with anything, as I have flown the MJC before. In the past, I taxied using the aileron axis on my joystick. Not beautiful, but it worked.

Now this doesn't work anymore. I read the forums and it's all Chinese to me... "axis assignments", "FSUIPC", "125Hz tool". Seriously I don't want to deal with my computer or with the sim, I want to put my intellectual energy into learning more about the plane and its functions.

So, can someone explain it to me plain and simple: how do I taxi?

• I have made no changes to axes in FSUIPC or elsewhere, don't know how to do it and don't want to deal with that
  • In the virtual cockpit, have the taxi switch on "ON"
  • In the virtual cockpit, have SPOILERS to "TAXI"
  • For what it's worth, in the control panel I have "Spoiler Axis" clicked

This should allow me to taxi with my joystick just pulling it left and right, no? It doesn't, wheels hardly turn.

What am I doing wrong, how can I fix that?

Thanks

Comments

• Go into your P3D's settings, then Axis Assignments-->type "Spoiler axis" in the top right search bar-->"Spoiler axis"-->"New..."-->Move your joystick to the left/right, then "OK"