How to clear a Flightplan?

I have meanwhile a long list of FPs in my FMS and want to get rid of some of them but cant find a way to do it. Here is what i am doing:
FP open
Menu
Delete FP (2 times)
99 Enter
Copy PLT Route = List of all saved FPs. Lets say I want to get rid of Nr. 1, then I
type 1 Enter
FP opens
Menu
Delete FP 2x = FP Blank and field on the right side Copy PLT RTE When I hit this LSK, I get again the list of all my saved FPs. And Nr. 1 is still there. Whats wron with my procedure?
Thanks and regards, Guenther

Comments

• '99 Enter' only removes the current flightplan from the FMS's flightplane page, so the one that is currently programmed and in use. It clears the flightplan so you can set up another. It doesn't remove/delete saved flightplans. (I never save flightplans so I have no idea how to delete them. I suppose they are actually saved as a file somewhere on your pc in case of the Majestic Q400. I only knows what '99 Enter' does.)

• I have FSX so I will outline the process I use. In the FSX/simobjects/airplanes/mjc8q400 folder. Open the NAV folder and in it you will find ROUTES folder that contains all of your saved routes. They can be deleted from there. Can't help with PD3 but a similar folder must exist in the mjc7q400 folder but where that is with PD3 is above my pay grade!

Craig

• C:/program files(x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D /simobjects/airplanes/mjc8q400/nav/routes

• Great support and the recipe of bobsk8 works perfect. Thanks to everybody!
    Guenther