No ILS and loose FMS display data mid flight

Upon arrival on a flight yesterday I was unable to switch nav source to ILS. It just was not one of the choices. Today I flew the same flight, not only did I not have ILS to switch to, my FMS tracking screen lost all its waypoints and course info off the screen 15 minutes into the flight.

Of note, the FMS text on the PFD never left amber color indicating some error on my part pre takeroff, I am assuming?
I follow the checklist. I don’t believe I did anything different than previous flights.

Am I making some typical rookie error here in not getting these NAV functions to work?

The flight plan is in the FMC.

I get performance info.

I can choose a DTO waypoint, but nothing comes on the navigation display. No waypoints, no course.

Any idea’s what I may be doing in error?

Twice now I have had to hand fly into CYVR with a 2500ft ceiling using the VS and heading mode dropping 500 ft at a time using VS.

Scary at best. I impressed myself (easy to do) getting the AC on the deck in one piece, twice. Once finding the PAPI most of the way into the ILS feather I was actually able to adjust and land. Surprised myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• I have updated my Navigraph cycle to the latest for all addons. I created several new flights cold and dark and flown them. Although I no longer lose my FMC flightpath display I still cannot select ILS for as a NAV Source for an approach and landing.

I am at a loss to know why. Any suggestions or corrections or opinions or “PRODUCT SUPPORT” would be much appreciated.

If I’m going to embarrass myself by missing something repeatedly over and over on the checklist, so be it. That’s how one learns.

Cheers,

• The problem could be in the incorporation of the Navigraph data.

Just HOW did you do that?

Also, we are not mind readers: System specs? Sim?

• I used the FMS Data Manager application and downloaded each addon on my list, seven of them. They are all updated from OCT Yellow to Nov green.

Windows 10, P3Dv4.2, Lots of fast ram, a heap of addons and the usual stuff every other flight simmer running the Q400 uses.

I'm not a mind reader either. What "specs" do you need?

• System specs. Sim. In full
    As stated.

Stop being obtuse. Lots of fast RAM and a heap of addons and the usual stuffmeans nothing:
    List them.

If you can't be bothered to provide basic information, where do you expect the rest of us to get the info from? Osmosis?

Your attitude has also inspired me to ignore your plight. Not good for you. I'm the only one who's bothered and I'm now disinterested...

You have obviously done something wrong, but I've no idea what, and now no care.

• edited October 2018
    I'm very doubtful system specs have anything to do with this as it doesn't seem to be a performance issue. This might sound a bit silly but, how are you trying to change nav source to ILS? And are you doing this from the FMS or twisting the knob in the glareshield? And who's tuning the radio?