Missed approach Procedures not displayd in MFD

Hello pilots,

How can you actually display the missed approch procedures on the MFD correctly? They are contained in the FMC, but are not, or very often not correctly displayed on the ND?

Greetings
Ingo

Comments

• On the FMS NAV page, you can activate the Approach and also the missed approach.

• And what does that mean to me? There is a direct to command and still no graphical reference on the MFD. Or does the missed approach procedure optically appear, when I activate the go around button on the throttle?
  • The FMS and map are not perfect in how they handle these things from place to place. First, did you arm (not activate) the approach in the FMS? If that doesn't work, try a DTO or a VNAV to the first fix on the approach.

• Roger,will check-thx.
  • I've made several flights in the meantime. Everything went according to plan. Probably forgot to delete the discontinuity between Airport and Missed approach procedure. Also I never explicitly armed the missed approach on the Nav-Page of the FMC.

• Hello,

I've been making some flights since then. For me it looks as if the Missed Approach in the MFD appears by chance. As an example I could give the 15 in LOWS Salzburg. In the FMC everything o.k. on the MFD unfortunately nothing appears.

• Sorry 15 LOWS is ok. Will make a list during the next days/weeks and will be back.

• So even when i activate/arm the missed approach on the NAV Page, i don't get any routing for the missed approach at the following airports.

These are only a few of many.

LEMH Menorca ILS RWY 19
    LSGG Geneva ILS RWY 22
    EDDS Stuttgart ILS RWY 25

Maybe someone can make an very detailed instruction, about how to activate it correctly :-)

Cheers
    Ingo

• So are you saying that when you go missed the routing disappears from the FMS?

• Negative! It's in the FMC with a route discontinuity after destination airport, but missed approach routing is not shown on the MFD after having armed it with the "arm approach"button.

• Some more with same issue:

LOWW 34 / EDDF 25R/EKCH 22L/EHAM 18R

Cheers
    Ingo