gear that is not retracted

Hello
when I take off the landing gear does not retract, using the external view known that there are still red flags ( REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT) inserted in the pins of landing gear, why? I'm wrong? is an emergency by default? .. first did not, you can help me please? I know that in reality 'must be removed the pins, but I've never done, there' a special procedure before taking off for remove the pins from the landing gear? thank you.

Comments

• Yes, the pins must be removed before flight. You can read all the details in the fine manual. To retract the gear the pins are removed before flight. Certain criterion must be met for that to happen.
    Again the manual has all the details. This is NOT a model where reading the manual is optional...

• and I like it for this, only that until now I had taken off without having to worry about the pins of the landing gear, the landing gear was normally drawn back

• edited November 2018
    You only have to check the gear pins when you use the cold and dark state. With the boarding, taxi and take off state the gear pins will be stowed already. Some people have a rare not reproducable bug though whete the gears seem to be still installed even when you stowed them.
  • OK thanks
    but do you know how to make the controls and remove the various pins?

• edited November 2018

To stow the pins, click the bag at the back of the cockpit (behind the FO?) and the red tags will then appear hanging out of it. Alternatively you can use the FMS (it's with ground services like GPU and pushback).

Either method, the engines must be off and door L1 open before you can stow the pins.

The pins are not always in the gear, it's more likely early in the morning with a cold and dark state. The pins are there to prevent inadvertent retraction of the gear whilst on the ground.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• OK thank you very much