Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and P3D V4.4 compability

Any reports about compability with P3D V4.4 other than the post about inop lights ?

FinnJ

Comments

• Whats up Finn, there should not be any major incompatible issues, none that I have come across during testing. There is no need at this time for a patch like we have done in the past as we made some changes to the dll that would not prevent the Q400 from working with updates.

We'll have to look into the lighting issue.

Cheers
  • I did a quick test circuit at night and found no issues thus far, it works fine.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320
  • Hi Kroswynd

Thanks for Your feedback :smile:

Thansk also to You Ckyliu

FinnJ

• Hello,
    I am a bit dumb with computers (among other things!).
    Could someone be good enough to let me know how do we install this new 4.4 when we have the 4.3 (WIN7). Should I remove 4.3 first or could I install the 4.4 over the existing 4.3?
    My only third party acft is the MJCQ400 PRO and I am afraid to loose everything as it took me so long to have 4.3 working fine.
    Thanks in advance.
    JP

• JP,

How are you.? P3D can seem a bit intimidating initially but it's actually much better that what it appears to be.

The platform is broken up into modules which makes it easy to install/update specific sections. This being said I only Uninstaller two sections.... The Client and Content.

Simply back up your P3D. Cfg if needed and proceed to uninstall the P3D Client followed by the P3D Content modukes. You will be asked if you want to deactivate P3D during the Client removal, choose Yes. You will have to get your license information handy for reinstallation.

I normally delete the files from the trash bin and reboot the PC after an uninstalltion. Now would also be a good time to update your video card drivers if they have not been updated recently.

You can now initiate just the modules that you previously uninstalled the Client and the Content. Be sure to commenced with the Client, and then proceed with the Content afterwards. To keep the installation simply I simply place the P3D installation folder with all of the associated files on my desktop for easy access, this way all the required files are where they should be. Until the installation is complete.

You now need to run P3D for the first time and in doing so you will now be asked to activate the software which will require your license credentials. Once P3D has successfully loaded reconfigure your settings page to your liking and the run P3D. If you need to make changes to the Cfg you can do so after closing P3D and then run again to test.
  • I think updating the Client is enough if You don´t use the default P3D aircraft.
    I think the only default aircraft updated with the new PBR is the F-16.

FinnJ

• I just uninstalled the P3D v4.3 client (remember do NOT deactivate when asked), moved the P3D.cfg elsewhere, installed the new v4.4 client and then restored my settings to how they were.

The content is just the F16 PBR update and scenery is just minor fixes, but you will LOSE all previously included Beechcraft if you choose to do the content update.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• Finn,
    Good point, you are correct.

• Hello Simeon, Finnj and Ckyliu,

Thank you to you all for your explanations.

I followed step by step Simeon's thread and deactivate P3D during the client removal and had my P3D.cfg saved before to do anything.

If I understand well it was not necessary to download the entire 12 Go of P3Dv4.4 which took me in my small remote village about 12 hours!

I do not use the default aircrafts except the F16 before to load a scenario and I did not even checked if the Beech is gone as I do fly the Q400 99% of the time.

Video card driver updated as suggested and first flight without any major problem.

The taxi and LDG lights are fine.

Only few funny minor things if you go to outside view and come back inside the cockpit.

I use 3 screens: pilot, co-pilot (virtual cockpit) and a middle screen where I have either overhead, front or back pedestal (2D) and when I come back inside, the co-pilot has storm lights ON for one second and the pilot side has no light at all for also one second but that's not very important to me anyway as you do not have the time to realize that you are back to normal.

Since I use P3D I found out some other odd strange things and I'll start an other post with these listed when I have finished testing everything in P3D and make sure I did everything correctly.

Thanks again,

Regards,

JP

• Hi JP,

Thanks for the update

Cheers

• JP, did you remove the temporary shaders after installing the new driver and v4.4 Client?

You should.

Also recommended if you've jumped several driver versions (say from 416.xx to 417.22) is to use DDU Uninstaller to remove ALL previous traces of the old driver.
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It doesn't matter which you do first, but if you don't do BOTH before launching P3D you will notice odd strange things...

• Hello Snave,
    Thank you for your advice. As I am not too keen with computers I appreciate any help to improve my knowledge and I did not know that we should remove old drivers.
    I'll do that and keep that in mind for the future.
    Thanks again,
    JP

• Please re-read what I said. Not remove ALL old drivers: Just remove drivers when changing _versions _- 416.xx to 417.xx

And DON'T confuse the temp shaders with the ShadersHLSL folder.

The Shaders folder you want to delete is in:
    AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D