Nose Wheel Sterring

Reading the old Posts, as I am trying to set up the tiller to turn the nose-wheel at least 90 degrees to make taxiway steering realistic instead on the slight deviation using Spoiler Axis that does nothing, I came across this reply:

You can set up a tiller axis through the .ini of the Q400.

I have mine set up like this, to work with the Thrustmaster HOTAS.

J1_Rz=FlightControls_->sensors.Tiller_ADC

J1 being the joystick number of your setup and Rz being its axis.

Make sure to select "Spoiler Axis" in the MJC control panel as well for it to work properly. You also don't have to assign the spoiler axis to said Rz axis withing P3D for it to work. This also avoids any conflicts with other addons. In fact, I have set the Rz axis on my throttle within P3Dv4 to be the "steering axis" for addons that support said P3Dv4 feature, like the AS CRJ for example.

Question I ask is what is my joystick number? The .ini only shows J0.

Comments

• Look into your device manager, in windows settings. If you only have 1 joystick it's 0, if you have two then it can be 0 or 1. Just try out different ones and see if that works,

• Thanks, bravomike. I only have just one solitary MS ForceFeedback2 Sidewinder.

So, as per your fix, all I do is substitute the J1 to J0_Rz=Flight.........,right? And that is a line I add to the .ini file, right?

• Thanks, bravomike. Got it sorted without recourse to your tip.