125 Hz Pro controls config tool/wizard

edited July 2018 in Customer support

This was previously posted in the old forums but as they're not searchable any more I thought I'd post it again here.

INTRODUCTION
The external flight dynamics engine (FDE, NASA JSBSim) of the Q400 runs at 125 Hz (normal FSX/P3D addons would run at the simulator framerate). The Q400 Pro version allows you to supply control inputs at this same 125 Hz for smoother and more precise flight but it must be configured in the mjc84.ini which can be quite complicated as you need to know the names of your controller's various axes.

WHAT THE TOOL DOES
The Majestic Q400 Pro 125Hz Controls Config Tool provides a graphic user interface (GUI) that will identify the axes and edit the mjc84.ini for you, enabling 125 Hz controls without the need to know/input any code or syntax!

SCREENSHOT
http://viaintercity.com/images/acars/125.png

DOWNLOAD
www.viaintercity.com/forums/bombardier-dash-8-q400-(dhc-8-402q)/majestic-q400-pro-125hz-controls-config-tool/
Instructions, requirements and prerequisites are provided at the above link. This works with the Q400 PRO VERSION ONLY.
Please do not hotlink to the file or upload to other servers (provide a link to the above forum post instead).

Comments

• Hey,

I have a brunner yoke that creates a virtual joystick and it doesn't work with the software. Even if the software reconized my virtual joystick, when moving the axes, the figure are not mmoving

• edited January 2019

The tool just reads the values from DirectInput like the aircraft would. We never tested with virtualised controllers so don't offer official support for them, it's possible they don't present to DirectInput normally so the tool cannot fully detect them. Either that or a controller misconfiguration or driver issue.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• Can someone post a link to instructions or video on how to use this, those provided on the website and the included download are pretty vague

• @ckyliu said:
    This was previously posted in the old forums but as they're not searchable any more I thought I'd post it again here.

INTRODUCTION
    The external flight dynamics engine (FDE, NASA JSBSim) of the Q400 runs at 125 Hz (normal FSX/P3D addons would run at the simulator framerate). The Q400 Pro version allows you to supply control inputs at this same 125 Hz for smoother and more precise flight but it must be configured in the mjc84.ini which can be quite complicated as you need to know the names of your controller's various axes.

WHAT THE TOOL DOES
    The Majestic Q400 Pro 125Hz Controls Config Tool provides a graphic user interface (GUI) that will identify the axes and edit the mjc84.ini for you, enabling 125 Hz controls without the need to know/input any code or syntax!

SCREENSHOT
    http://viaintercity.com/images/acars/125.png

DOWNLOAD
    www.viaintercity.com/forums/bombardier-dash-8-q400-(dhc-8-402q)/majestic-q400-pro-125hz-controls-config-tool/
    Instructions, requirements and prerequisites are provided at the above link. This works with the Q400 PRO VERSION ONLY.
    Please do not hotlink to the file or upload to other servers (provide a link to the above forum post instead).

I can't find the Control config tool after looging in ??

• @CMBAviator,
    If you are using the training edition of the dash8, you will not need the "viaIntercity 125hz config tool". The Q400 Training edition comes with its own config tool (mjc8q400/jconf/jconf.exe) included in the install folder of the Q400. You can set up your controller axis' and buttons in there. Read the instruction manual for info on reversing an axis, etc.

Cheers, Jax

• edited August 2023

@Jax_in_BC said:
    @CMBAviator,
    If you are using the training edition of the dash8, you will not need the "viaIntercity 125hz config tool". The Q400 Training edition comes with its own config tool (mjc8q400/jconf/jconf.exe) included in the install folder of the Q400. You can set up your controller axis' and buttons in there. Read the instruction manual for info on reversing an axis, etc.

Cheers, Jax

I manage to map button for GA and AP disconnection but for elevator, rudder and aileron axis i struggle

• That's an easy fix to setup the yoke axis'. The one thing that caught me out was the fact that there are two options for each flight axis. (which are used in a dual control cockpit setup) Most people only have one yoke or set of rudder pedals so we have to be aware to chose the correct variable.

So for the Captains aileron axis (X), in the dropdown list, you are looking for the variable;
    "FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC" .
    For the elevator axis (Y);
    "FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC".
    For the rudder axis: "FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC"
    Note: the "0" in the name of each variable denotes the Captains (left side) yoke. A "1" in the name would denote the co-pilot side.

Cheers, Jax

• Do i need to copy paste teh data from the jcc files into the ini file ?

• No, the .jcc files stay in the jconf folder and are read by the Q400 from there. You should have a .jcc file for each of your controllers that you have configured. You will have one for your yoke, one for your rudder pedals, and possibly one or two for throttle quadrant. In my experience, the throttle quadrant is best assigned by using, either the sim, or FSUIPC.

Cheers, Jax

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    No, the .jcc files stay in the jconf folder and are read by the Q400 from there. You should have a .jcc file for each of your controllers that you have configured. You will have one for your yoke, one for your rudder pedals, and possibly one or two for throttle quadrant. In my experience, the throttle quadrant is best assigned by using, either the sim, or FSUIPC.

Cheers, Jax

roger, so i don"tr it should work now ? will try and report back

• Well i mananged to map all my axis and button except for the elevator trim. When i p^ress on the trim button, it barely moves and when i release the button, it goes back to neutral trim position

• A while back another user mentioned a similar issue when assigning elevator trim via the joystick connector. This is the response from Kroswynd.

"This issue unfortunately can not be rectified due to the fact that it is controlled both by the pilot and the autopilot. We ran into issues where by users were experiencing nose dive events which was the reason for the decision made to have the elevator trim assigned via the simulator or FSUIPC if needed."

It's been months since I set up my sim controls, I have always set the trims set via FSUIPC using offsets to adjust the sensitivity/speed of the trim.

Jax

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    A while back another user mentioned a similar issue when assigning elevator trim via the joystick connector. This is the response from Kroswynd.

"This issue unfortunately can not be rectified due to the fact that it is controlled both by the pilot and the autopilot. We ran into issues where by users were experiencing nose dive events which was the reason for the decision made to have the elevator trim assigned via the simulator or FSUIPC if needed."

It's been months since I set up my sim controls, I have always set the trims set via FSUIPC using offsets to adjust the sensitivity/speed of the trim.

Jax

thanks for the info. i'll set it up via fsuipc