CTD Problem

I have been using the Q400 64 bit pilot version successfully for a while, but just this morning P3D v4.4 is crashing as soon as I load up the aircraft. The sim loads up fine with the default flight, and I can change the airport location of the default aircraft, but the sim crashes as soon as I try to load the Q400. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Q400 and run the repair function on P3d. I noticed in the forum that some problems can occur if the Text Information tab is unchecked in the sim, and I have verified that this tab is checked. Have uninstalled the Q400, cleaned the registry, rebooted the pc but no change.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Martin

Comments

• Update - I have discovered that only the Q400 Air Canada Jazz livery is the problem. The sim will load other airline liveries.

• Update 2 - sorry, my previous comments were not correct. The sim is crashing with liveries other than Air Canada Jazz, it just takes longer. The aircraft (other liveries) will load up but the sim crashes after a couple of minutes.

• Hi,

Have you checked this thread to be sure, thatthis is not your problem?
    majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/311/q400-ctd

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Reinhard, thank you for the suggestion - I had looked at that thread and thought it did not apply to my situation because I have no weather add-ons. I am pleased to report that I think I have discovered the source of my problem. By disabling add-ons one at a time I discovered that the Q400 loaded up properly after I removed the FSUIPC modules folder from the P3D directory. So it seems a conflict had developed between FSUIPC and the Q400. I am now in process of rebuilding my FSUIPC settings on a new install.
    So, hopefully that is the end of this issue.
    Martin