ILS UNUSEABLE?

Recently programmed a flight to Port-au_Prince, Haiti, MTPP. The charts show an ILS for runway 10 (111.50) but the FMS database for Q400 only shows RNAV for 10. So I manually entered ILS fixes. On approach I tuned ILS into NAV1 and it showed on my PFD as an ILS but the DME wouldn't activate and when I switched from FMS1 to NAV1 I received no course indication on the NAV display. Doesn't the Q400 allow tracking an ILS without having it programmed into the FMS? Seems to work for VOR radios that do not show up in the database. I reloaded FSX and also rebooted my PC just to eliminate those as potential issues. Any help on this?

Comments

• Hello hifly,

I just checked with p3dv4 and the ILS (Y and Z) are listed in the FMS. These procedure are in force since the 28th dec 2018. Are you sure that you have the latest Navigraph AIRAC installed?

JP

• edited April 2019

The charts show an ILS for runway 10 (111.50) but the FMS database for Q400 only shows RNAV for 10. So I manually entered ILS fixes. On approach I tuned ILS into NAV1 and it showed on my PFD as an ILS but the DME wouldn't activate and when I switched from FMS1 to NAV1 I received no course indication on the NAV display. Doesn't the Q400 allow tracking an ILS without having it programmed into the FMS?

I've run a quick check to verify your issue but all appears to work as it should. What Navigraph are you using, and or how are you going about setting up your approach. I simply initiated this while sitting on the runway at MTPP.

https://gyazo.com/0f6fb474197641ce934aad5e7de4b1f8