Gear Pins

Hello,, normally the Gear Pins are stowed automatically, so i dont have to care about. But sometimes they are not stowed and then after TO I cant retract the gear. Where is the small devil who influences this?
Guenther

Comments

• Hello Guenther,
    If you start cold and dark you have to remove them through the FMS. It is not automatic.
    However, even if you do that we have been some of us to experience that the gear do not retract even that the pins have been removed.
    It is a small bug and personally it happens only once about two years ago and never since and I fly a good bit with the Q400.
    Regards,
    JP

• Hello Gunther

If you have FS2Crew's add-on for the Voice and Button combined for the Dash8 Q-400, then the PM(pilot monitoring) stows then away for you when doing 24-hour System Checks.

• Correction, it's Engine Start Checks

• It happens again with the gear pins removed, so altogether it happens to me twice in all my flights in about three or four years which would be about 2 to 3000 hours of flight. Interesting exercice especially if you cannot land at your departure airport so you have to manage the fuel carefully and find an airport to land.
    Win7 - Pro - Latest patch - Prepar 3dv4.5 - ORBX - Active Sky - FSUIPC
    JP