How to fly an Arc

Hello, I am just busy to find out how to fly an Arc, programming the FMS. In the UNS-Document I found on page 271 mentioned the procedural legs
Constant DME Arc to a Fix
Constant Arc Radius to a Fix.
But there is no explanation how to create his procedures in my FMS. Therefore I question whether this is available for our Q 400. If its availabel I would be happ to learn how to do it.
Thanks Guenther

Comments

• Hello Günter, a DME ARC is an integral part of a programmed procedure (SID STAR) and is not entered by the pilot into the FMS. ATC will not tell you to spontaneously fly a DME ARC. If this should nevertheless be provided, one would have to fly this including the relevant VOR DME and the HDG mode, but I doubt this approach. So if no DME ARC is provided, no one will be flown. A nice example of a DME ARC on departure (SID) is the SID DALI 3W in LEBL. Just go to the position Rwy 25L and enter LEBEL as the start-up port and LEPA as the destination, then select the SID DALI 3W for the Rwy 25L.

• Hello FraPre, I just want to say you in brief that your example worked, thats great, thank you. The pictures have been very helpfulI. I will come back to details in a few days.
    By the way: how can I make such pictures and how can I add them to a Comment? I have Windows 10.
    Regards Guenther

• Good morning Günter,
    i cut out such pictures in every situation and at any place with the Snipping Tool and save them as a picture. You add this via "Attach image" in the toolbar above the writing field of your new post here in the forum.
    For me with Windows 7 on the laptop is the Snipping Tool under Windows Accessories. With Win 8/10 this is also available in this category.

• Wow, you are extremely quick with your answer. At least you are in the same time-zone as me. I am living in Germany.
    I already tried the snipping tool, found it and am happy that I could learn anotzer little piece of the computer world.
    As I mentioned, I will come back to the Arc-issue.
    Regards, Guenther

• I also live in Germany ;-)

• The world is so large and so small. I would lik to send you a personal message. Maile mir doch mal. Meine (verschlüsselte) Adresse ist Vorname u. Duerr als ein Wort durchgehend geschrieben, dann t Bindestrich online Punkt Ländercode.
    Gruß Guenther