Navigraph Navdata .mdb to .db3

I have the Q400 Pro. updated. I am trying to update the FMS to newest database. Navigraph updates the files, but only a .mdb file, the .db3 file is not touched. How do I convert the .mdb file that Navigraph supplies to the required .db3 format?

I am using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager to update my aircraft.

Comments

• Does anyone know how to update the nav database?

• edited January 2020

I did my very first Airac update just the other day. I had never done one before, for any aircraft.

I have the Dash 8 Pro Edition for P3Dv4, patched to 1.020b.

All I did was go to Navigraph's web page, downloaded the Data Manager program, purchased my Navigraph subscription, ran the Data Manager program, checked that the auto-generated list of addon aircraft was correct (it was, including the Dash 8), selected the aircraft I wanted updated by placing a tick in the respective check boxes (in my case, I wanted to update all planes and therefore all aircraft were selected, including the Dash 8), and clicked the "Update" button in the Data Manager program. The update(s) happened automatically, for each aircraft I had selected. After it had completed, I ran the sim, loaded the Dash 8, and checked the Airac cycle. The Dash correctly showed it was using Airac cycle 2001, being the current cycle as I write this.

In summary, the process was painless. Considering this was the very first time I had ever done this, I was quite pleased with how easy and simple it was.

• I refreshed the Navigraph update for the Q400 and it finally updated the .db3 file to the current one. it was not before.

• I had a similar issue as M107A1 had when I did a fresh reinstall of the Q400. I finally solved it by downloading the FMS manual installer from the Navigraph site, running the installer to extract files to a temporary directory, then copy the .db3 file from the temporary directory to overwrite the file in the Q400's nav directory.

I wonder if Navigraph's installer will not overwrite files with newer dates than those of the AIRAC, since my installation of the Q400 came after the most recent AIRAC release?