Way to change MFD from Track UP to North Up

Is there a way to change the Dash 8 MFD display from Track Up to North UP? It seems like I've seen a video where the co-pilots display was North Up.

Comments

• Push the FORMAT Button

• Thanks!

• edited May 2020

Well, I pushed the format button which gives me 360 degree display around the aircraft with north Up but that’s it. No compass, no route, no weather or terrain. Is the any way to get a North Up display on the navigation display with radar/terrain?

• Hi,

In the documentaion on smartcockpit.com you find the following for the format button:

Not sure, if it is simulated exactly as I am not at my sim at the moment.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thanks Reinhard, I haven’t tried the DATA button in FULL MODE. I will see if that displays the navigation track as indicated. I wonder why there is no option for weather radar/NAV Track display in a North Up configuration?

• Hi,

I assume, that's how the radar works. The antenna is in the front nose of the plane (no. 1 on the drawing):

The beam is only directed in the forward direction. So you have no 360 degree radar image. If you read the document about navigation equipment on smartcockpit.com you will learn a lot of intresting things about the plane.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Reinhard, I will do that. It’s a simple explanation when you show me the obvious reason. I could swear I’ve seen a picture of the arc display with radar in a north up attitude but I can’t find it now. Maybe I was dreaming.

I really appreciate the time and effort you took to explain it.