Idle Throttles

Hi

Is there a way to set the throttle up to just idle when pulled back all the way and reverse the blades only when the reverse is triggered?

It's next to impossible with an 0815 stick to hit the perfect idle point. I have FSUIPC full if that helps. Quickly searched through the djungle or more or less useful documentation files, couldn't really find anything or figure it out on my own.

cu
Roman

Comments

• Hi Roman,
    I also had a lot of trouble configuring my Saitek yoke. The best I could do was with FSUIPC. But impossible to configure the yoke for the IDLE position. I also have the landing warning just before the touchdown.

Bye
    Christian

• Christian,
    Don't retard the throttles to idle until you have the wheels on the ground. The five-bladed propeller is an effective speedbrake when the power levers go to idle. The aircraft literally falls out of the sky if you don't touch down with a little power on. You can hear it in the real aircraft, how the prop sounds change after the aircraft touches down... keep the aircraft on the GS with power on a little all the way to touchdown, then go to idle and then into reverse.

Roman, I use the FSUIPC values for my levers in the MJCQ400 configuration tool. It takes a little trial and error to get it, but it works well...
    PS, I got your e-mail through VPA, thanks :smiley:

Andrew

• Hi Andrew,

Actually I try to keep the power until the touchdown and it's true that it brakes a lot in the IDLE position.

I will also try the Q400 config tool with my FSUIPC values, maybe I will have better results.

Thank you
    Christian