DISC and Taxi

Hi All

New to the aircraft, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that DISC is used during taxi, however when I let the brakes off in this mode the aircraft just moves backwards very slightly and I have to advance the throttle levers to between DISC and IDLE to achieve any forward momentum. Is this correct?

Also, has anyone got any good methods for selecting idle using the SAITEK throttle? I always find myself moving below idle during flare which triggers the warning sound. Any thoughts on how to setup better so I'm not flying like an idiot? haha

Thanks in advance

Phill

Comments

• Hi Phill,
    I also had a lot of trouble configuring my Saitek yoke. The best I could do was with FSUIPC. But impossible to configure the yoke for the IDLE position. I also have the warning sound just before the touchdown.

Bye
    Christian

• Noticed this too using a Saitek Pro Quadrant ... any way to remove the settings i did and go back to default and try again via the cfg tool?

Thanks
    Rich

• The zone disc between flight idle is used for Taxi. In disc the angle of the prop blades are if you like in neutral position. The reason why the aircraft is slightly rolling backwards is what I believe because of prop wash.

On a Turboprop btw. you don't retard the throttles/Power-levers to idle or flight idle. The power stays on till touchdown. When the main wheel touches down get the power levers to flight idle. Lower the the nose wheel and reduce to disc, gently apply brakes. Use some reverse if neededed if the Runway is short like in London City e.g. Full reverse is rarely used, only if it's an emergency situation like a brake pressure loss. But if you don't have an reverse axes, and you need reverse, then just apply full reverse.

I don't use the Saitek throttle for the Dash, but the Saitek has some visual Markings on it, I would use them to setup the power and condition levers. You can do this in the control panel of the Dash.

Maybe this helps a bit? Or gives you at least an idea?