Hammerfest ENHF

I cannot land on that runway.
Obviously I set up the aircraft with weight limitations, the rw is really short.
But the problem is not stopping the q400!
As soon as I touch down I start jumping and at the second or third bump it crashes.
I have ORBX scenery with FTX Norway.
I can land any other (little enough) planes without problems.
Any idea?
The only time I managed to land it results in undercarriage wreak and I cannot turn.

Comments

• 2 Things to try; turn off crash detection, and adjust the mesh resolution (5m-10m.) setting in the sim.

• edited August 2018

I am no expert, but I know that the Dash 8 is not easy to land.

80 percent of mine go tits up, even on a long flat runway !

I love Hammerfest and FTX Norway, and also have the other Norway FTX airports... but my advice is practice a lot on longer runways.

You have to get the correct speed and pitch.... power on etc etc... Lots of stuff about this on the web.

Whether you will ever land 'perfectly' on 3000ft ** Hammerfest, is anyone's guess to be honest !

One issue is that the lighter the plane, and the more flaps you use, the more cranky the plane ! So, given
    (presumably) that you are using 35 flaps and a very light plane, to enable a slow enough landing speed, you are also flying the plane in its LEAST stable form !

CATCH 22....

** n/b Aurasim suggests that in high pressure cold conditions, with minimum weight, even at 35 flaps, you are 800 feet too short of runway. This suggests that even an expert would have a job landing here.

• Hi,

I confirm that from the graphs, at minimum weight (18 to 20 Tonnes) you need 1060 m to land. The usable distance length Rwy 05 is 850 m and Rwy 23 824 m, apparently you cannot make it.

Also it appears that the acft allowed to use ENHF are only CAT A and B.

Regards,

JP