For some reason, my Q400 FMC does not autotune the ILS frequency any more?

Hi, I have been flying the Q400 on and off for the past 6 months, however I have come back to it recently to find that when i select a STAR in my FMC, my radios are not tuned into the ILS frequency therefore setting my plane to NAV1 and pressing approach does nothing. What has changed? What can i check?

I have set my radios to the FMC option, and BOTH, neither seem to work.

Thank you :)

Comments

• I read from here that it worked before !?
    The STAR is not the decisive criterion, but the approach must be properly selected and set from the FMS database. For an ILS approach, the approach coded with I, for a LOC approach the one coded with L. If you then approach the airport 50 NM, you can arm the approach on the NAV page. During the subsequent internal check of all requirements, it is then also checked whether the frequencies are already set. If not, he offers Tune Approach to take these out of the database, if you already want that at the time and also start using LSK. Before the intercept, you also check the data, is the ID of the ILS / LOC on the PFD / MFD at least displayed? Does your problem always involve the same approach or does it affect different airports?

• Simply selecting the approach in the FMS won't autotune it for you, you have to manually tune it, either in the ARCDU or in the FMS