VNAV

Hi.
Question about VNAV when I descent by VNAV and I use VS
because sometimes I must to descent more quickly to catch VNAV path
Should I hit back VNAV button to come back VNAV path to catch VNAV PATH for RNAV ?

Comments

• Hello, with the VNAV programming you usually set a point (T/D), from which it makes sense to start the descent with the given parameters (rate of descent) in order to have the appropriate altitude at the first constraint. This works very well offline, and you can continue to sink to the FAP / FAF (assuming the appropriate setting on the MCP). Online or in real life, at some point, at the discretion of the controller, you will be asked to descend. VNAV is probably off the normal path at this point. So whether I will still use VNAV here is in the stars. In the end, the only remaining reason to return to VNAV or to activate it for the first time is to use VNAV with a GNSS approach, as the approach itself is clearly defined, starting at the FAP / FAF and usually ending at the Rwy Threshold Crossing Height. You may have to arm VNAv for the first time or reactivate it after an automatic disconnect before the FAP / FAF. VNAV does not have the same meaning with the Dash anyway as it does with Boeing etc. since the engine control is not included. I myself like to fly up to FL 100 with VNAV if possible, then with VS, in order to switch it on again with an approach with VNAV use

• My question is if I use V/S must I hit back VNAV button to get VNAV path for RNAV approach ?
  • Sure, you've changed the vertical modes on the MCP. If the situation requires it, you have to "program" VNAV again beforehand via the VNAV page in order to be able to activate VNAV.