runway abeam

Is there any way to make the runway abeam appear?
I'd like to show 2 miles right next to the landing runway as a reference for the traffic pattern and visual approach.

Comments

• You can try picking a fix on the approach for the runway, then creating a custom waypoint 2 miles to the side of that, and then creating a pseudo VOR line off of that. Been a while since I've flown the plane, but thats how I would do it if you're just planning to hand bomb some circuits and want a reference point off the runway

• Thank you for your reply.
    How to select fix on the approach?

• Hi Kouki,
    For a visual approach the right way to do it is to look outside and when you are abeam the threshold start the chrono: 45 seconds( depending of the Company) and then final turn.
    I know it is easier to do in a real plane than in the sim.
    It is better to keep the pseudo VOR line for the center line of the rwy and adjust your final turn accordingly as it is not easy to see the runway when you are turning.
    JP

• Thank you for your reply.
    So you're saying that the only special FMS operation for this approach is to set up a pseudo VOR?

• You set a pseudo VOR on the axis of the runway ro help you to see the centerline during your turn. That way you are going to finish your turn more or less on the axis of the runway.
    You are also going to "see" the runway if you are using the 10 Nm range and you'll "see" as well when you are going to be abeam the threshold and start your chrono.
    As I said in the previous post a visual circuit has to be done "visually" but the sim is not very practical to do that.

• It would look something like that:

• I'll try it!
    Thank you!