Q400 CTD

My Q400 PRO in P3Dv4.3 crashes to desktop. Seemingly out of the blue! Can happen while on the ground or later in midflight. Started about a month ago without updates to either Q400 or P3D. I have uninstalled Q400 and re-installed but no resolution. Does not happen on same routing with other add on aircraft but always with Q400 on different routes.

Would appreciate help on resolving this🙏

Comments

• What weather applications are using whilst using the Q400?

• I am using Active Sky
    Thanks

• Also Rex and TOGA textures

• Are you by chance turning on the weather radar moments prior to CTD?
  • No, the last CTD two days ago, was before engine start.

• Have you tried running the Q400 without any other utilities running. Normally the Q400 is not cause of a CTD, unless the installation could/may have been executed by not using administrative rights during the instalation process, however, there could be an underlying issue.

Providing as much information regarding your configuration and system specs would also be helpful.
  • I did not run installation using administrator rights. Will uninstall and, re-install and test
    Thanks

• Re-installed with Run as Administrator yet P3D CTD. And I did not inject AS weather.

• OK, lets have a look at the mjc84.ini and the first section should look something like this:

[INTERFACE]
    ; GENERAL SUPPORT OF THE INTERFACES
    JOYSTICK_INTERFACE =1
    ASN_INTERFACE=1
    WXAR_INTERFACE=0

The last line WXAR_INTERFACE=0, could possibly be set to 1 in your ini. change it to 0 if it is. If you are using Active Sky for weather then ASN_INTERFACE=1 should be set.

Another factor, although it should not cause a CTD is the Information Text option within P3D, if this is disabled there could be some erroneous functionality with the Q400.

Cheers

• Just finished ENTO-ENBR without CTD.The WXAR_INTERFACE was set to 1. Changed it and checked other suggestions. So it seems to be resolved. Many thanks for your patient and thorough support!

Although Wearfactor set to 0, my wipers would not turn off and window heat would not turn on. Also had an Alt Mismatch on PFD? Is there a more effective way of disabling failures in PRO?

• What is the significance of WXAR_INTERFACE and how is it set to 0 or 1? In all the years I have flown the Q400 Pilot and Pro, I have not encountered this parameter.

Thanks

• It is a switch that is in place for intended use with the REX weather radar, but there are some incompatibilities with the Q400 which need to be resolved. Many users have experienced the CTD if and when using any REX related weather interface.

• Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Sean

• Sean asked:

Although Wearfactor set to 0, my wipers would not turn off and window heat would not turn on. Also had an Alt Mismatch on PFD? Is there a more effective way of disabling failures in PRO?

Any ideas on failures, please?