Steering axis on Q400 seems to ignore all axis assignments

I have the pro version of the Q400, P3D V4.3 and FSUIPC5.

I cannot get the steering tiller to work except by click-dragging in the VC.
I've tried every combination of spoiler axis and aileron assignments in the aircraft's control panel, paired both with and without doubling the axis assignment in FSUIPC with the rudders and ailerons. I've also connected a separate controller and calibrated it as the spoiler axis in FSUIPC. No joy on any of these. (yes, the nose steering is switched on).

In FSX, this all worked fine with the pilot version of the Q400 by merely setting the "ailerons & mouse" function in the control panel.

As it is, the a/c is extremely clumsy to maneuver on the ground - to the point I just don't fly it till I can (hopefully) figure this out.

Any advice ?

Thanx
Jeff

Comments

• The nose wheel steering, if planning to use via the spoiler axis function needs to be assigned specifically to the input device of choice AND you are to ensure that its functionality is visible via the CPAN utility.

• CPAN was dead.
    here is what was happening.

I had the FSX pilot version installed from some years ago, buy had read I could keep the old FSX installation alongside the new V4 PRO version.
    For whatever reason, after installing the new a/c in P3D V4.3, the CPAN utility in Window's start menu was still the old one pointing at the old FSX installation.

I only found out by accident after reading another thread which described the PRO edition CPAN having the ability to select cockpit start up states on the units selection page. I had the PRO version but that was missing in CPAN. A look at the file dates in the two installation s confirmed it. weird, I know. especially since the V4 installer desn't give you a chanced to select the wrong sim or location, etc......

I uninstalled all majestic software form the computer and then installed the new PRO version for V4. now CPAN responds.
    can't explain it, but I'm leaving the FSX version uninstalled.

Now if only I could figure out why I can't get the engines started using the same procedure I always did. but that is another problem

Cheers

• Normally have the Q400 installed for two separate flight sim platforms is not usually an issue, and an easy workaround for proper utilzation of the CPAN for both platforms is either to go into the respective CPAN folders and execute them from there OR send shortcuts to your desktops, and name them CPAN FSX & CPAN P3D

Regarding starting the engines, one can always look at YouTube videos

This is an old one from the Beta archives:

Cheers