Crash when loading a stored route having more than 64 stored routes

Hello,
I found one problem in FMS (Q400 Pro P3DV4): if more than 64 routes are stored in the "mjc8q400 \ nav \ routes" directory and I want to load some of saved routes and press the "FPL - COPY PLT RTE" button, crash to desktop always occurs. If I delete several routes manually from the directory so that their number is less than 64 and try to load the route, everything is OK.
Is it defined somewhere that the maximum number of saved routes can not be greater than 64? This behavior should be treated somehow.
Thanks for the answer.
Karel

Comments

• Thanks for the observation, we'll have to re-check if there was a limit implemented. The real UNS does have a limit, but I do not think that it is that low. However exceeding the allowance should not be causing a CTD.

I'll add this to the potential bug list.

Cheers

• good day,
    I see this bug is still here, do you plan to change this?
    it has taken me some time to find this post. I on the other hand do think that 64 is a small number or, perhaps placing an option on the fmc to give you the chance to delete flight plans, rather than having a radical CTD. dont you think?
    thanks!
    javier

• Hello,
    I believed that the last update issued by end of 2019 would solve this small but annoying problem. It appears that not. Quite disappointing.
    Karel

• is a bit of a joke, i can believe this is not fixed yet.

• Just release your version, Cartayna,
    Freeware or payware and we will very quickly learn how quickly you fixed it...

• Well for those who are disappointed or think that we are joke regarding the number of flight plans allowed to be stored in the FMS, there is not much I can do or say to appease you high expectations. While we here at Majestic do the best to make the simulation as close as possible to its real world counter-part, there are some things which we will not always not program to the exact specs, if you need that level of detail you may consider getting the real aircraft with the required options to suit your needs.

We have looked at and discussed this issue at length and decided that based on the fact that we had to totally reprogram the FMS for the implementation of the 64bit platform, it is best to leave things the way the are, so as not to offset anything else which will require more time to test and troubleshoot. The real FMS 1E after which the Q400's FMS is programmed has a limitation of 99 flight plans. We will however look into trying to arrest the CTD issue if one attempts to exceed entering more than 64 flight plans.

We do understand that some folks may not want to have to renter an already created route, which will eventually lead to a cluttered FMS of routes, many of which will be inaccurate routes especially when Navigraph changes waypoints, SIDS, STARS or approaches.

Feel free to let us know how else we continue to disappoint you, as our aim is to please when and where possible.

Cheers

• I mean that is fully OK. The original FMC is limitated so why not this one. And 64 flight plans is enough.
    If necessary everone can make a Folder to store old flight plans.

Don't worry about that. My opinion

Cheers and stay healthy

• 64 flight plans is not the issue. CTD is the point. However, even with this bug, the Q400 remains a top payware ever. If the error can be fixed, the better.