Instruments popping & markers for hydraulic systems jumping up and down

edited July 2020 in Customer support

Hi,

no matter what I do, some of my instrument panels flicker and the markers for hydraulics are jumping up and down beyond max possible value.
I tried resetting all failures within System Panel Tool without success. In avionics Flux Valve L and AHRS are checked as fail even after reset. In Hydraulic System page some of the systems keep flashing.
Also tried starting up with cockpit state ready for takeoff to eliminate any config failures. Behavior is the same.
Version is 1.020a.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Ah, simulator is P3D 4.2

• HI Stockenhans,

It could be possible that your operating system may have recently performed an update which at times may cause Protection issues with the Q400. A simply re-installation address this issue (Be sure to in stall using Run as Administrator be right clicking on the installer).

If this is not the issue, I am not sure if you made changes within the mjc84.ini file to the WEAR_OFF_FACTOR parameter, which could cause failures quite rapidly depending on the failure rate set.

Cheers

• Reinstallation did the trick. Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers

• Thanks for the heads up

• Hi,
    i have the same problem with the newest version for P3Dv5. A reinstall with admin power dosen´t work :(

• Did you by chance make any change to the timers in the cpan?

Kindly provide some video or images to support the issues.

Cheers
  • edited July 2020

I haven´t changed anything.
    No problem. Here is a short video with the problem:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zSeVygDepaCuZu4xudSEbS7Td39Rf-Pz/view?usp=sharing

• Same Problem with P3Dv5 and Version 1.21 here. After a few minutes even the whole Sim runs amok ...Sometimes i get CTD even when selecting the Aircraft

• Having the same issue in both v4 and v5. Oil gauges flash continually as does the Hyd Press and Hyd Qty Gauges. The O/H panel has a number of indicators flashing with the Master Caution button flashing (as expected) accompanied by a bell. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Virgin install i.e. nothing changed in Cpan.

• Same problem here with P3D V4.5 HF3. Reinstall did not work.

Regards,
    Hans

• Same here on P3D v5 HF2. Nothing worked so far.

• +1 to this,
    before today in p3d4 all was working well, now unusable. In both p3dv4 and v5
    Also if I select cpan from windows start menu, it does not work although I think that is because of windows security

• quick update I uninstalled and reinstalled as admin but made no difference I have what everyone else is quoting but I also have pfd2 flickering and flashing as well

• ...and CTD on v4.5 HF3.

Yes, with reinstall.

• I know several of you have tried the re-installation process, but are you doing so by right clicking on the installer and using Run As Administrator? This is very important

• I tried a reinstall (always with Admin rights), now P3D crashes every time I load the Dash.

• The jumping hydraulic pressure and the unrealistic oil figures are the signs of the failure in the copy protection system of the Q400

We think a windows update is responsible for this behavior. If you experience this problem, please manually erase the following locations using the windows "regedit" editor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Majestic Software\mjc840
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Majestic Software\mjc840

Then re-install the Q400.
    PS: The installer should recreate the correct
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Majestic Software\mjc840
  • Same problem here. Purchased today and installed with Admin rights. Also tried re-installs (now 2 installs left!). Windows version is 1903. Please help, because like this, the software is not usable for me!!!!!!!!

• @Maddog777
    Have a look a the post previous to yous and follow those instructions please.

Keep us posted

• I did whats mentioned in that post . Result : CTD

• Same for me

• Found the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Majestic Software\mjc840 Folder and deleted it. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Majestic Software\mjc840 did not exist. Un-installed the MJC, then re-installed. Doesn't work, same problem of flickering displays and jumping hydr. indications.

• tried the suggestion and now q400 will crash p3d on loading and yes installed as admin using preferred right click method.

• OK, thanks for the update, we'll do some additional research to try and get to bottom of this .

• edited July 2020

CTD even with Registry edits:

Module: StackHash_d787. I dont know if this is related to Q400 or Windows.

PS: I dont have any 787.

• thanks for looking into this
    For info troubleshooting before removing the hkey lines my q400 would run but with all the popping (admin install)
    After deleteting hkey entries and uninstalling q400 then reinstalling under admin setup on selecting the q400 from within p3d and selecting to run p3d immediately crashes to desktop.
    not sure if it will help but hey,the more you know the better

• Uninstall.
    Registry edits.
    Windows restart.
    Q400 setup.
    Windows restart.
    Run P3D and crash.

• I would also try the regedit trick and reinstall, but I'll go out of activations (3 remaining). I'll wait for a definitive solution.

• @korundar said:
    I tried a reinstall (always with Admin rights), now P3D crashes every time I load the Dash.

For the time being I installed the previous version and that is working OK.

• @korundar said:
    I would also try the regedit trick and reinstall, but I'll go out of activations (3 remaining). I'll wait for a definitive solution.

REMAINING INSTALLATIONS ALLOWED 2

I want a reset, please :D

• Crash on startup of P3D v5 HF2 with 1.021 here

• @korundar for the reset, please contact support@majesticsoftware.com with your order number

• edited July 2020

If anyone wants to help resolving the issue, please check if Q400 has generated a fresh CMJC84BaseErr.log file in the Prepar3D v5 client root folder. If it is there, we kindly ask you to email it to support@majesticsoftware.com

• If this helps any, I did a fresh install into V5. My hydraulics are not showing the errors as depicted above and everything seems to be working fine. I am not a Q400 expert so take that as you wish. There are no errors on the warning panel either. My windows has not updated to 2004 yet so that may be an indicator. Just trying to provide an additional data point

• edited July 2020

I only have 1 regedit key. The correct one. I got the same issue with the gauge jumping up and down. There is no error log generated in the P3D V5 root folders.

• Anyone using EZ Dok software? I was getting CTDs after installing/re-installing multiple times. I received some key errors from EZCA but once I fixed these, I was able to get the plane to load. Now I have the same error sounds, hyd issues and gauge flickering as others have posted. May try the registry trick.

• edited July 2020

So just tried deleting the registry entries and re-installing with admin rights. No joy. getting immediate CTD when trying to load the Dash 8. This thread shows [RESOLVED] it does not appear to be solved??

• edited July 2020

@adl320 said:
    This thread shows [RESOLVED] it does not appear to be solved??

You should have also noticed that this was for a thread started back in 2018 where the issues were resolved. These issues are driven from a new installer driven by different reasons.

• @kroswynd said:

@adl320 said:
    This thread shows [RESOLVED] it does not appear to be solved??

You should have also noticed that this was for a tread started back in 2018 the issues were resolved. These issues are driven from a new installer driven by different reasons.

Thanks..missed that detail.

• @mazeldA said:
    tried the suggestion and now q400 will crash p3d on loading and yes installed as admin using preferred right click method.

I found loading a default aircraft first then switching to the Dash 8 stopped the crashes.

• where do I find how many installs I have left ?
    I've installed and deleted a few times on both p3dv4 and 5 while trying to get this to work

• Round 2. Edited the Registry as suggested. Reinstalled the Dash 8. No change. Uninstalled the Dash 8 and deleted the Majestic Software folder (main key). Reinstalled the Dash 8 and started up P3D v5 with Dash 8 selected as load aircraft. P3D crashed. Started P3D with default aircraft. P3D loaded correctly. Selected Dash from dropdown menu and it appeared to successfully load BUT the doughnut of death was circling and within a minute P3D crashed. Loaded P3D with addon PMDG 737 and loaded correctly. I'll wait for further advice on this.

• Same problem (Instruments popping & markers for hydraulic systems jumping up and down) here with P3DV5HF2 and Win10 2004. Previous version for V4 deinstalled completely before. No error log present.
    Thanks in advance!
  • edited July 2020

@chumley said:
    Round 2. Edited the Registry as suggested. Reinstalled the Dash 8. No change. Uninstalled the Dash 8 and deleted the Majestic Software folder (main key). Reinstalled the Dash 8 and started up P3D v5 with Dash 8 selected as load aircraft. P3D crashed. Started P3D with default aircraft. P3D loaded correctly. Selected Dash from dropdown menu and it appeared to successfully load BUT the doughnut of death was circling and within a minute P3D crashed. Loaded P3D with addon PMDG 737 and loaded correctly. I'll wait for further advice on this.

Thanks for the additional information. We knew that users who would have installed to Win 2004 would have had some issues, and we addressed most of the issues that we suspected had a direct impact on the add-on. Of course there may be others affected by this who have not reported, but it seems to be a small group of users thus far.

• It seems that the Problem is not limited to 2004 users. I do not have it yet and the Trouble is the same.

• FYI I am not on Win 10 2004. Same issue

• I’m not on win 10 2004 and have the same issue. Tried multiple reinstalls without any success.

• @kroswynd said:

@chumley said:
    Round 2. Edited the Registry as suggested. Reinstalled the Dash 8. No change. Uninstalled the Dash 8 and deleted the Majestic Software folder (main key). Reinstalled the Dash 8 and started up P3D v5 with Dash 8 selected as load aircraft. P3D crashed. Started P3D with default aircraft. P3D loaded correctly. Selected Dash from dropdown menu and it appeared to successfully load BUT the doughnut of death was circling and within a minute P3D crashed. Loaded P3D with addon PMDG 737 and loaded correctly. I'll wait for further advice on this.

Thanks for the additional information. We knew that users who would have installed to Win 2004 would have had some issues, and we addressed most of the issues that we suspected had a direct impact on the add-on. Of course there may be others affected by this who have not reported, but it seems to be a small group of users thus far.

Small group of users, eh?

Same problem here. Try and not delete my post again just because I voice criticism. ;)

• edited July 2020

We don't have a problem with critism and I delete what ever post I deem necessary based on your tone.
    It's a piece of software prone to many unknowns regardless of the Test team.
    Cheers

• @nguindon @fogboundturtle @mifuc thanks for this additional information. Apart from the win 2004 update windows 1909 also pushed an update 2 days before we pushed the new installers and we did observed some issues forcing us to make some last minute changes. The addon worked without issues prior to this.

So it's going to require some trouble shooting to get a handle on it.