Instruments popping & markers for hydraulic systems jumping up and down

2»

Comments

• Thanks, so a little Patience is needed in this case :)

• @kroswynd said:
    @nguindon @fogboundturtle @mifuc thanks for this additional information. Apart from the win 2004 update windows 1909 also pushed an update 2 days before we pushed the new installers and we did observed some issues forcing us to make some last minute changes. The addon worked without issues prior to this.

So it's going to require some trouble shooting to get a handle on it.

To help you find the fix, as additional information, i am on 1909 but have the updates paused since June 10, 2020 so I wouldn't have the update you are referring to above.

• @nguindon said:

@kroswynd said:
    @nguindon @fogboundturtle @mifuc thanks for this additional information. Apart from the win 2004 update windows 1909 also pushed an update 2 days before we pushed the new installers and we did observed some issues forcing us to make some last minute changes. The addon worked without issues prior to this.

So it's going to require some trouble shooting to get a handle on it.

To help you find the fix, as additional information, i am on 1909 but have the updates paused since June 10, 2020 so I wouldn't have the update you are referring to above.

My last updates were installed on June 10th before I paused it as I control when I want the updates installed.

• let us know what you need

• I also have the issues, usually a crash to desk top. but if I do get it to load the jumping gauges then after a few minutes a crash to desk top.
    This is n P3Dv5 with HF2 and win 10 2004 update.
    Best wishes
    Bob

• Attention folks.... Just a quick question for everyone who is experiencing the CTD /protection issue.

Which version of the Q400 are you using please?

• @kroswynd mjc8-400-Pilot-1_021_x64.

• how do I get th is dll. I bought from PC Aviator

• Mentioned in the link. The USER AREA on our website.

Cheers
  • It was hard to find. I just test it. Your dll seems to have fix my mfd bouncing back and forth. Thanks for the swift update. I'll do a flight and let you know if I have found other issue.

• Ok thanks. After I finish my current flight I will give it a try.

• Thank you folks... Much appreciatrd
  • @kroswynd said:
    Mentioned in the link. The USER AREA on our website.

Cheers

Hi , hope you can help , I have sent you a direct email to your support , but just thought
    I would mention this on here, I have had exactly the same issue as the above and unfortunately exhausted all my installations trying to uninstall and reinstall many times to see if this would fix the bug mentioned , please can you increase my installation , I purchased the Q400 from Just Flight , many thanks

• You did the correct thing by emailing our support if you did not add you order number and credentials you may get another email requesting them.

Cheers
  • Problem solved for me. Thank you guys!

• Same for me! Everything works fine now! Good job! ;)
  • edited July 2020

Solved!
    Thank you!!

PS: nice "detail" on the windows. Very nice B)

• Just departed on a short flight. So far so good. The gauges were not bouncing around, seems stable during the departure phase. All working great. Loving it. If this is it thanks for the quick fix.

• Just completed the flight with no issues. Will do more and let you know if I run into any issues. Thanks again.

• edited July 2020

@kroswynd said:

@chumley said:
    Round 2. Edited the Registry as suggested. Reinstalled the Dash 8. No change. Uninstalled the Dash 8 and deleted the Majestic Software folder (main key). Reinstalled the Dash 8 and started up P3D v5 with Dash 8 selected as load aircraft. P3D crashed. Started P3D with default aircraft. P3D loaded correctly. Selected Dash from dropdown menu and it appeared to successfully load BUT the doughnut of death was circling and within a minute P3D crashed. Loaded P3D with addon PMDG 737 and loaded correctly. I'll wait for further advice on this.

Thanks for the additional information. We knew that users who would have installed to Win 2004 would have had some issues, and we addressed most of the issues that we suspected had a direct impact on the add-on. Of course there may be others affected by this who have not reported, but it seems to be a small group of users thus far.

Just for information. My O/S is Win 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.329. The update dll you have provided has been installed in p3d v5 and works as hoped. Thank you.

• The PAtch works also for me.

• Works great , thx

• Awesome... Thx
  • Works for me ! thank you very much for a quick solution !

Alain from Montreal

• Just purchased yesterday and had this same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times and have 2 activation's left. However, thankfully I found this forum discussion and the dll rev. 2 patch worked for me.

• Hi, I have the same issue with my FSX:SE 32bit version.
    Does this dll rev. 2 works there as well ? Where I get this file ?

• Today, I wanted to do a flight with Dash 8 Q400 in P3Dv3, and the instruments were flashing and going wild after loading the aircraft. I have never had this before. Is there another Windows 10 update that is responsible for this? I solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling MJC Q400, but if we need to do it each time after a Windows update, it can become tiring. One update already screwed up the Queue vs. Multimedia timing. Now the flashing instruments. What will be next?

• Hello, I have made a new finding regarding the flashing instruments problem on startup. Today, I have disabled hyperthreading on my 6-core CPU AMD Ryzen 3600X in BIOS for experimental purpose. When I loaded the airplane, the problem with flashing instruments came back despite having had a successful flight yesterday after a fresh reinstall. Selecting another airplane resulted in a crash. There was no Windows update in the meantime! Because switching off HT was the only thing I did since yesterday, I went back to BIOS and activated HT back again. And guess what? The instruments were fine!

So those of you suffering from the problem, do you have a hyperthreading CPU at work? My guess is that a change in the number of threads may mess up with the calculation. I hope this information is useful for the developer.

• It boils down to the Q400 detecting the change which triggers a protection event resulting in the scrambled data display. The only way to get around that would be to reinstall the aircraft.
  • I have played around with turning on and off HT, and I can definitely reproduce the issue each time I switch: When you install Q400 and run it for the first time with HT on, you must leave HT on for correct functionality. If you then turn HT off, the instruments will be going wild. I remember running Q400 two months ago with HT off, but yesterday I had HT on - this is why the instruments were flashing. I reinstalled with HT on, but when I had HT switched off, the problem with instruments happened again.

• edited October 2020
    I run all versions of the Q400 with HT off with no issue. We'll do some testing to see if we are able to replicate on our end as most of us use HT off when using the Q400
  • I am looking forward to your results. To make myself clear: It's not that there are problems if you run with HT off; If you installed the Q400 and ran it for the first time with HT off (and you continue running with HT off each consecutive time), you will be fine. But if you then turn HT on one day and start the sim with Q400, you may face problems - at least I did on my PC.

• Copy.... Seems like something is trigging a protection event on your system. As we have conducted multiple tests, bit specifically for this issue with HT on and off without an issue, but will be sure to keep an eye open for it
  • I have just installed the Pro 1.021x64 version onto a new P3Dv4.5 install and i am having the same issues as described by the users before. I have tried all solutions but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be great.

• edited December 2021

@seery234 said:
    I have just installed the Pro 1.021x64 version onto a new P3Dv4.5 install and i am having the same issues as described by the users before. I have tried all solutions but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be great.

Posted by @Boss

If anyone wants to help resolving the issue, please check if Q400 has generated a fresh CMJC84BaseErr.log file in the Prepar3D v5 client root folder. If it is there, we kindly ask you to email it to: SUPPORT

• It doesnt seem like it has generated any logs in the root folder. I have tried reinstalling a few times, with HT off and im still getting this issue.

• edited December 2021
    So there may be a few things amiss with your installation methods.

The hyperthreading issue seems more likely to be triggered for some users when it is turned on after being off. Since it changes the configuration of the processor, I could see it posing a possible issue.

Just for clarification, did you?

1. Uninstall, then re-Install the addon using Admin Rights by right clicking on the installer and choosing Run As Administrator.

2. Follow all the installation prompts including installing direct.

3. Are you pointing the installer to the correct location of you simulation path?
  • Its being installed the exact same way as the previous install on an old PC build. All run as admin, AV off so it doesnt cause problems during install and installed directly into the Root P3D drive as default.