HOTAS and AFCS Inputs mode question

Hello pilots!

I am trying to assign some autopilot modes to the buttons on my X-52 HOTAS
Reading the Variable Maps file, it seems that the AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button are the options that I need to use with AFCS_KEY_NAV 7 and AFCS_KEY_VNAV 3 options

I have read this post http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/560/afcs-mode-mapping-with-spad-next-help-needed but it doesn't work for me.

Other functions like these work perfectly:

; AP DISC
J0_b0 = AFCS _-> inputs.AP_disengage
; TCS Button
J0_b1 = AFCS _-> inputs.TCS_button
; GA_button
J0_b29 = AFCS _-> inputs.GA_button

What I can't understand is how to assign the button of my HOTAS to the function I want to use from the autopilot

I have tried using these but they don't work:

J0_b2,7 = AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button
AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button = J0_b2,7
AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button = b2,7

If I use this combination, IAS mode works nice:

J0_b2 = AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button

It recognizes the button that I want to use in HOTAS and assigns it to IAS mode but I would like to assign NAV, VNAV and APP modes

Excuse my bad english

Greetings and take good care

Comments

• edited August 2020
    Feel free to contact our support for additional support. However, do not provide support for the spad.Next utility as it is not developed or used by MJC.

Cheers
  • @Francis
    which button is J0_2,7? (what's the comma doing there??!!)

• Hello, @ha5mvo

As I explained in the first post, I am trying to assign some autopilot modes to the buttons on my Saitek X-52 HOTAS.
    I read the post where @muberti explained how he had achieved it using SPAD.neXt, but directly in the Saitek X52 HOTAS it does not work

J0 is the Joystick, b2 the button taht i want to use and, separated by a comma, the number of function that I want to assign.

I hope this explanation helps you understand what I am trying to do

Regards!!

• edited August 2020

Just a little comment to avoid confusion: I don't use spad.next. I'm just trying to assign the Autopilot mode functions directly to the Joystick buttons, just like the ones I already have for the TCS or GA buttons.

Regards!

• @Francis
    Not sure, but maybe you should try J0_b2=AFCS _-> inputs.mode_button 7

• edited January 2021

I have the same problem as Francis. I can't assign any function to the button if function requires also a number. The question is: How to use "AFCS_->inputs.mode_button" variable to control YD switch on AFCS panel?

J0_b0 = AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage - This works fine;
    J0_b0 = AFCS_->inputs.mode_button - This engage IAS;

Are *.jcc files still supported?

There is a JoystickCocpitConnectorGuide.pdf which contains some examples (also with using *.jcc files) but I think that manual file is outdated.