Nosewheel steering in P3DV5

Hi there,
i have both P3DV4.5HF3 and P3DV5HF2.
the v4.5 works fine but in P3DV5 i have massive problems to get the nosewheel steering working.
with mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64-inst.exe installed and the same settings like P3DV4 only the mouse ability work,
but not ailerons and mouse setting.
What`s to do to get the dask working?
Thanks for your help.

greetings
Dieter

Comments

• Be sure that you are using the correct CPAN for the version of the simulator in use.

Keep us posted
  • OK- thats it - i took the wrong Cspan Thanks for your help an for the very nice plane. Its cool to fly in P3DV5

greetings
    Dieter

• Thanks for the update and the kind words of appreciation
  • Hello everyone,
    I also have the tiller problem with "mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64-inst.exe".
    Please, what is CPAN?
    Thanks and regards.
    Jürgen

• CPAN is the control panel for the MJC Q400. please take some time and review the manuals provided with the aircraft to get a better understanding of its functionality.

Cheers

• the joystick yaw axis controls the rudder whether it is possible to add a tiller to it?

• We will not be adding the tiller function to the yaw axis as that is not how it works in the aircraft. At this time the tiller is assigned by the spoiler axis, it's still under review if another axis assignment will be added in the near future.

• edited August 2020

Hi. I'm having problems with the nosewheel steering too.
    There's a "correct" Control Panel for v5? where!?
    PS: mine is version 1.0.0.1. I only have v5 on my system.

• There is only one cpan applicable in you case which is located in the root folder of the mjc8q400 folder.
  • Oh... OK. Makes sense: one for v4 and other for v5.
    In my case I have "Spoiler Axis" selected and nothing happend. The plane... more or less tries to do the curve but not a 90º turn. If I select "mouse" and use the 3D tiller the plane curves normally.
    Yes, I have steering button ON, Hydraulics ON, etc, etc... and have a X52 Pro, and neither the "traditional" rudder or the "throttle wheel" (????) works.
    Reinstall maybe?
    Sorry for my english.

• Aileron+Mouse is working now :o

• Good to hear that you have it sorted out.

Cheers
  • @kroswynd one of the possible reasonable and convenient options, this is similar to how it is implemented with Fslabs Airbus:

programmed a “Rudder Disconnect” keyboard command that allows you to use your rudder
    pedals like a tiller. By default, this keyboard command is “Comma”.

When you press RUDDER DISCONNECT key (Comma) a first time:
    Your rudder pedals will control the nosewheel steering, not the rudder.
    Nosewheel range up to +/- 75 degrees turn. Rudder doesn’t physically move, but nosewheel
    does move.

When you press RUDDER DISCONNECT key (Comma) a second time:
    Your rudder pedals will control the both the rudder and the nosewheel steering.
    Nosewheel range up to +/- 6 degrees turn. Rudder and NWS both move, but with less range
  • I am fully aware of how it is implemented with fslabs but this is not a practical solution to use the rudder pedals for ground steering since the rudder pedals still some degree of authority while on the ground, which we rather leave this way.

Hence the reason why we allow for additional options to configure a tiller setup. I know most are not to keen on using the spoiler axis which when we initially designed this the spoiler axis was the better option but depending on how one configured their input device it caused conflicts with other aircraft's spoiler implementation.