Can't remove gear pins

Hi all,

I'm new to the Dash 8 (Pilot version) on P3D 4.5. I understand that I have to remove the gear pins before the flight or the gear won't raise.

Try as I might, I can't get them to remove and appear in the bag aft of the FO's seat. The aircraft is on battery power, engines off and L front door open. I've clicked the bag till my finger goes numb but to no avail. In the Pilot version there is also no option in the FMS to achieve this.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Warwick

Comments

• This feature is not available in the PILOT Edition. PRO and higher editions will have this feature.

Cheers

• edited September 2020

Hi Kroswynd,

Thanks for the reply and I'm aware that the Pilot Edition doesn't have the gear pin removal feature in the FMS. What I'm really asking is how do I retract the landing gear? There seems to be no way to remove the pins in the Pilot version. I must be missing something...

Thanks

• The pilot edition does not have gear pin removal via the FMS or any other method as this feature relates to the PRO editions and higher.

Am I to assume that you are unable to raise the gear after takeoff. Then if this is the case it would be a tempremental bug that we are trying to isolate without much success.

Cheers
  • Yep, I've only had two flights so far and havn't been able to raise the gear either time. Kinda takes the fun out of it... :-(

• @Maarp

Can you please confirm the gear handle is up, but the gear still does not move ? Could you possibly attach a screenshot ?

One thing I could think of is that there was a gear system malfunction which was later saved into a situation file. In this case, you could attempt removing all of the .mj1/.mj2 files from your situation folder to prevent the Q400 to load the "damage" system status

• Hi Boss,

I just did another test and noticed that there is also the Master Caution activated when I hit the gear lever. Does that mean anything do you think? I've attached pics of the gear lever before start, after activation and a shot of the aircraft climbing out.

I'd be very grateful for any advice, it's a lovely aeroplane and I'd really like to fly it!

Cheers

Warwick

• Thank for the pics.
    Did you remove the files as suggested: "One thing I could think of is that there was a gear system malfunction which was later saved into a situation file. In this case, you could attempt removing all of the .mj1/.mj2 files from your situation folder to prevent the Q400 to load the "damage" system status".

Give that a shot a and keep us posted.

Cheers

• I've just had another go and couldn't find any .mj1 or .mj2 files anywhere under the Aircraft folder or its sub-folders. The only thing in the Situation folder were the 3 tutorial flight plans.

If it matters, I'm using the updated mjc84_main.dll (I was getting the flashing instruments error).

Same result I'm afraid. This is very disappointing after spending nearly $60 on this aircraft. I really want to be able to fly it but it's just not behaving. I'm open to any other ideas if anybody can help.

Cheers

Warwick

• If anyone is still following this thread, I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft and the gear pins appeared in the bag behind the FO like they are supposed to. Must have been a corrupt panel state or something.

Still, happy now!

• Thank you for the feedback