FMS System Update forseen ?

Dear Majestic team,

First of all, I congratulate you for the work that's been done on this add-on, being an active DH8D pilot, I am amazed by the level of realism you managed to bring to this P3D airplane.

I have a question about the FMS-system developpement. As far as I can notice, the system-version represented here is the 80x.x version, are there any plans to develop the 100x.x version of the FMS ? (which contains enhanced navigation, synced FMS on both side, Approach LOS for RNP approaches,...)

Thank you and have a great day !

Regards,
Julien

Comments

• Hello Julien,

We thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

You are correct that the version of the FMS that is modeled is from one of the earlier versions of the UNS system. We are not able to commit on if we will be updating to a newer version.

As we are trying to get the training edition completed and going back to make changes to the FMS will further delay, needless to say we practically had to rewrite the FMS code for the 64bit platform which was a very time consuming project. Granted the newer versions does have some enhanced features which would truly make for a more streamlined experience in the flight deck.

With only one programmer/developer it does become challenging to implement everything that we would like to in a timely manner, since we choose to do something correctly (takes time and resources in most cases) or not do it at all.

Cheers.
  • Alright ! Thank you for the information :)