Standalone V-Speed Calculator and Setter (XML Gauge)

I have created a new Standalone Version of the V-Speed Calculator and Setter (XML Gauge) that I had previously made available at: majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/245/v-speed-calculator-and-setter-xml-gauge#latest

This new Standalone Version (1.6SA) does not require the concurrent installation of XMLTOOLS to manage the tabular data, but instead uses polynomial expressions to model the relationships encapsulated in the Majestic T/O and Landing Speeds Card. As such, this version should work in all simulator versions from FSX to P3Dv5.

The gauge can be downloaded at:
https://dropbox.com/sh/bcvzhf0giorfbmn/AADz8siiaWoQrkynCukbLS97a?dl=0
and I have attached the current ReadMe to this post

While the new gauge dispenses with the use of XMLTOOLS, it is not as accurate in its computations as the alternative version of the gauge which uses XMLTOOLS to linearly interpolate between data points on both axes of the Speed Tables. This is because the polynomial expressions used could only approximately fit the data, and interpolation was not possible on both axes with the limited tools available. Nevertheless, the error should be contained within 1 knot in almost all instances.

As with the alternative version, this is a work-in-progress and I await your feedback.

Comments

• great job, everyone should have it, thanks!

• Hello,
    after installing the Standalone V-Speed Calculator and Setter I can't find a way to open the program.
    Is there a hotspot or a key combination?

• edited October 2020

@airwolf66 said:
    Hello,
    after installing the Standalone V-Speed Calculator and Setter I can't find a way to open the program.
    Is there a hotspot or a key combination?

There is no "hotspot". If you are using P3D, then you might find some useful information about opening the gauge panel window in the thread relating to the earlier gauge, as the procedure for opening it is the same:
    majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/245/v-speed-calculator-and-setter-xml-gauge#latest
    In the discussion ignore all references to the XMLTools64.dll as that module is not being used in this case.

• Perfect!
    Thanks a lot!

• It was discovered that the current version of the gauge is not clearly visible at dusk/night, so I have uploaded a new version 1.7SA which can be seen clearly in a dark cockpit as well:
    https://dropbox.com/sh/9l8rrmxm34vtlnl/AADk5o45oJE5buJV_wvdRV4Wa?dl=0
    Thank you @niksan29 for discovering this and for testing the new version!

• I have installed the gauge as per the instructions, but when I check it on the drop-down list, it doesn't appear. Where should it be?

• edited November 2020
    > @Doc_Z said:
    > I have installed the gauge as per the instructions, but when I check it on the drop-down list, it doesn't appear. Where should it be?

If you are using P3D, then you might find some useful information about opening the gauge panel window in the thread relating to the earlier gauge, as the procedure for opening it is the same:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/245/v-speed-calculator-and-setter-xml-gauge#latest
    In the discussion ignore all references to the XMLTools64.dll as that module is not being used in this case.
  • I found it on the vehicle, instrument panel list and checked it. It does not appear. Is the .jpg that was included in the original download supposed to be used anywhere?

• edited November 2020

@Doc_Z said:
    I found it on the vehicle, instrument panel list and checked it. It does not appear. Is the .jpg that was included in the original download supposed to be used anywhere?

As I do not myself use P3D, I cannot guide you any further, but I hope that someone who does, and who has installed the gauge successfully, will chip in here with some advice.

And no, the .jpg is not used anywhere in the gauge.

• Thanks. Anybody using P3d v5 with this gauge?

• of course, take a screenshot of the file
    (only where you made the changes)