tiller after landing

Hi.

Question about tiller after landing.
when i land and i want to exit runway sometime no rudder work and no tiller.
Must to exit by rudder more than 30 knots and after less 30knots use tiller ?
Or perhaps i must to stop completly and use tiller to exit ?

Comments

• Steering on the ground is mainly done with the nose wheel steering, as the rudder does not have the greatest effect at lower speeds. I use the tiller over the yoke and with relatively small deflections also the pedals, i.e. the rudder. You have to determine the whole thing beforehand, so how you want to control it, but I don't assume that it's up to you?
    But you don't have to stop and the Noose Wheel Steering Switch should be on since the taxing at the start.

• When you exit from runway,do you exit by rudder or do you use tiller ?
  • Because sometimes when I want to exit I have no control.no rudder work or tiller until I'm almost to stop before tiller begin to work.
  • I use the tiller, but control it with the yoke. From minute 55:35 you can see how the captain reaches for the tiller.

• First let's get an understanding of the tiller functionality.

A complete stop is is not necessary for use of the tiller, if your tiller is not active below 40 knots then there may be a configuration issue on your end or your nose wheel steering switch may not be turned on (which remains on after push-back and then deactivated once back at the gate).

We have attempted to mimic the tiller as close to the real world operation as possible. The tiller becomes active at speeds below 40 knots, and if needed can be used to taxi from the active runway during the roll out. If you plan on using a high-speed taxiway to exit the runway one would normally use the rudder pedals as you'd still have rudder authority being above 40 knots, as you slow the aircraft below 40 knots there is still +/- 12 degrees for making small corrections using the rudder pedals.

• Hi
    I have just purchased a separate joystick to provide for the tiller control. It works with the CRJ so can I assume it will work with the DHC series?

thanks

• Yes, you can assign the tiller to the SPOILER axis, and then calibrate it via the CPAN.