Majestic Software's COCKPIT Edition for Prepar3D RELEASED!!

edited September 2021 in ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

The time is finally here! The Majestic Software Cockpit Edition has been distributed to our vendors and should be available within the next 24 – 48 hours.

The COCKPIT edition is developed primarily for the cockpit builder looking for in-depth simulation solutions and the feasibility of configuring/integrating complex hardware setups.

The COCKPIT edition includes the functionality and features of the MJC8Q400 PRO edition, plus the following:

• FLIGHT CONTROLS DISCONNECT SIMULATION
    The flight controls can be disconnected and the respective independent flight controls system will account for the pilot flying position (based upon the pilot head position in the Virtual Cockpit, or the type of the main panel in the 2D cockpit). The disconnect option is designed to operate correctly in both virtual or hardware-based cockpits

• FMS RAIM SIMULATION
    FMS provides RAIM prediction and simulates the changing GPS accuracy accordingly

• CUSTOM FLIGHT DATA RECORDER
    The Flight Data Recorder (2D panel) can be used to record and visually reproduce a flight, allowing for classroom demonstration or analysis of the particular phases of the operation during your SIM session.

• SINGLE CUE FLIGHT DIRECTOR
    Single Cue or Dual Cue flight director modes can now be selected via the CPAN.

• SURFACE SLOPES SUPPORT
    The aircraft will now correctly interact with sloped surfaces allowing for the correct visuals and physics, which have been integrated into the Q400 FDE.

• TRUE GLASS PRECIPITATION LIBRARY INTEGRATION (optional)
    The TFDi Design TrueGlass (optional during the product installation) provides precipitation visuals on cockpit windows

COCKPIT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY

+ MULTIMONITOR 2D PANELS
A set of 2D panels, sliced in sections in order to facilitate building a multi-screen flight training device. A screenshot of the panels layout can be found in the product screenshots section

UNDOCKED - NON FULL SCREEN MODE

DOCKED - FULL SCREEN MODE

• TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT
    An alternative set of 2D panels are provided, which when used with touch-enabled monitors allow for a more realistic user interface, such as using the capability to use one’s finger to turn knobs or tune frequencies. This touch logic of the panels allows for eliminating mouse manipulation of the flight controls.

• SEPARATE EFIS SCREENS
    A "windows" executable application allowing to show all vector screens, such as EFIS, FMS, ARCDU, CAUTION LIGHTS PANEL or STANDBY INSTRUMENT on a separately networked PCs.

• EXTENDED JOYSTICK COCKPIT HARDWARE INTERFACE
    The Extended joystick cockpit hardware interface allows for linking every cockpit control to a joystick compatible hardware.

• RPC INTERFACE
    The RPC Cockpit Hardware Interface allows to access the data of the Q400 from within a flight simulator module or a custom-made gauge. Examples of the integration are provided.

• NETWORK HARDWARE INTERFACE
    Is a UDP-based network interface, which allows the network-enabled cockpit hardware to access all of the Q400 add-on cockpit data.

• HARDWARE INTERCOM SUPPORT
    An array of audio matrix (inputs->outputs) coefficient variables, facilitating the building of a hardware audio intercom

• SYSTEM CONTROL APPLICATION OF ALL SYSTEMS
    The SYSPAN application allows for the failure of all simulated systems within the aircraft.

SYS PANEL (SYSPAN) IMAGES:
Electrics:-

Hydraulics:-

Avionics:-

Power Plant:-

Flight Controls:-

While we anticipate that this long-awaited upcoming release of the COCKPIT Edition will suit/meet the requirements of many (mostly amateur/non-professional cockpit builders) there is still a vast majority of folks that are awaiting the TRAINING Edition which will be the next tier of the MJC Q400 add-on to be released pending a visual update to the virtual cockpit, which will be followed by an update to the visual extension package.

As always, we thank everyone for your continued patience and support.

Turboprops Rule!!
The Majestic Software Team

Comments

• Available at Sim Market already. Nice so far, Thanx

• perfect great job,
    LOYALTY PAYS.

I know the question is rhetorical and boring.
    are you planning to get to the SDKs for a future MFS2020 realization?

• @toppe

Thanks for the words of appreciation and your support..

Regarding MSFS 2020 we certainly plan on crossing over to the platform, and it is most certainly good to see other prominent development groups moving their products over. That being said, we would like to see some more work done to the SDK as the transition for us very like is going to be a laborious one as we a limited to team members, but we'll get there.

• For us non hardware cockpit flyers, is there a chance of getting FMS RAIM simulations, single cue simulations and surfaces slopes support in the pro version? 295 eur is a bit excessive just for those features without use of the rest.

• @SK331 said:
    For us non hardware cockpit flyers, is there a chance of getting FMS RAIM simulations, single cue simulations and surfaces slopes support in the pro version? 295 eur is a bit excessive just for those features without use of the rest.

@SK331
    This will be available in the next released Tier of the Q400 - the TRAINING Edition

Cheers

• That's great!
    We think we have the same functionality as the training edition, so it's reassuring to know that we've definitely taken a big step towards a release.
    If you could someday make UNS version 1000 and fix some of the bugs, I would be more than happy. Of course, the current reproduction of the system is also excellent.
    I was wondering, if you want to reproduce the flight control jam, how can you specify the cap side and fo side control commands?
    As it is currently only possible to do this on the cap side in single flight, I was wondering how it could be done in the training/cockpit edition.
  • "pending a visual update to the virtual cockpit, which will be followed by an update to the visual extension package."

Hi @kroswynd , Thank you for the update. Just a quick question: Are we expecting a visual update to the VC before training edition is released? If yes would that be applicable to pilot and pro editions as well?

Kind regards

• With the completion of the cockpit edition will the dash 8 300 for P3D become a primary focus
  • @CPTJAKEOLIVER said:
    With the completion of the cockpit edition will the dash 8 300 for P3D become a primary focus

The TRAINING Edition is to be released next, and then a deeper focus on the Q300 will continue. We will make announcements of the intent when it is time to do so.

• Hello, I´m a cockpit builder and I´d like to make a Q400 cockpit. Is it possible to obtain more information about the use of this tool:EXTENDED JOYSTICK COCKPIT HARDWARE INTERFACE. I´d like to know what parts of the cockpit can be programmable?
    Regards

• > @landylu said:
    > Hello, I´m a cockpit builder and I´d like to make a Q400 cockpit. Is it possible to obtain more information about the use of this tool:EXTENDED JOYSTICK COCKPIT HARDWARE INTERFACE. I´d like to know what parts of the cockpit can be programmable?
    > Regards

Contact us via our Support email.

Thanks