Bug about training models

I tried to fly twice on more than two hours, always crashing to the ground at the height of the landing gear. But the crash would not have occurred in an hour's flight. The second bug is that the co pilot nd display circuit diagram is not synchronized with the captain nd, or sometimes disappears. The third problem is that if the external viewing angle is switched during nd level flight at the left captain position, the nd display will be black after returning to the cockpit again. Hope to get your attention and solve it. Because it is not easy to support the genuine version under the epidemic, and I like the q400 aircraft very much. thank you

Comments

• To be exact, the moment the landing gear is lowered. The whole game crashed! Fall to the ground in an instant! It's really hard to accept!

• Issues you post as being bugs in most cases seem to be improper execution of the either landing tecnique for your first issue. Unless you are not being specific. I just flew two 2 hr sectors followed by a 1hr 15min flight without issue. If you are able to provide more details kindly do so including the possible route, and if you can provide a video we may also better under your issue.

The second issue could be that you are expecting the FO MFD (not an ND) to automatically sync witth the CA MFD which is not the case. Take some time and read the manual or if manuals are not your cup of tea there are a few youtubers with good content for the MJC Q400.

Unable to replicate the third issue again a video may be of some help to show what the issue is.

If your issues are genuine bugs the Majestic team will be sure to address the issue. If it is a case of trying to get.a better understanding of the aircraft that will be up to the user. If you are new to the Q400 aircraft there are some differences not quite common to the Boeing or Airbus types.

• edited November 2021

@XinLv said:
    To be exact, the moment the landing gear is lowered. The whole game crashed! Fall to the ground in an instant! It's really hard to accept!

OK let's try this again:

Upon gear extension:

1. Did the simulator crash?

OR

1. Are you saying that you lost control of the aircraft resulting in a crash?
  • I've recorded the video. But when I sent it to you, the system told me that the file was too large. Yes, every time I put the landing gear down, the plane immediately lost control and crashed

• The three routes are lszs-leas / lszs-egpb / lszs-lddu

However, the lszs-lowi will not collapse in a short range

• @kroswynd said:

@XinLv said:
    To be exact, the moment the landing gear is lowered. The whole game crashed! Fall to the ground in an instant! It's really hard to accept!

OK let's try this again:

Upon gear extension:

1. Did the simulator crash?

OR

1. Are you saying that you lost control of the aircraft resulting in a crash?

number 1

• @kroswynd said:
    Issues you post as being bugs in most cases seem to be improper execution of the either landing tecnique for your first issue. Unless you are not being specific. I just flew two 2 hr sectors followed by a 1hr 15min flight without issue. If you are able to provide more details kindly do so including the possible route, and if you can provide a video we may also better under your issue.

The second issue could be that you are expecting the FO MFD (not an ND) to automatically sync witth the CA MFD which is not the case. Take some time and read the manual or if manuals are not your cup of tea there are a few youtubers with good content for the MJC Q400.

Unable to replicate the third issue again a video may be of some help to show what the issue is.

If your issues are genuine bugs the Majestic team will be sure to address the issue. If it is a case of trying to get.a better understanding of the aircraft that will be up to the user. If you are new to the Q400 aircraft there are some differences not quite common to the Boeing or Airbus types.

https://bilibili.com/video/BV1zR4y147iX?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0

• I just tried to unload the q400. After reinstallation, I flew again, but it still didn't work. I still put the landing gear on and crashed

• Strange, I have both the cockpit and training versions, and I have had no issues to date.
    Wish you luck..

• @XinLv
    It is possible to have different flight plans on the left and right ND, if the left and right FMS do not have exactly the same flight plan. You should be able to check what the difference is, or use the FPL->MENU page to sync the flight plan to another. After that - if you are in flight - you need to compare both NAV pages and select the correct waypoints as PREV and TO, if they are different between 2 FMSs

• @XinLv Regarding the crash, there is some kind of a message box showing. Would you be able to translate it ?

• > @Boss said:
    > @XinLv Regarding the crash, there is some kind of a message box showing. Would you be able to translate it ?
  • > @Boss said:
    > @XinLv Regarding the crash, there is some kind of a message box showing. Would you be able to translate it ?
    That's just a software used to monitor landing data, but I have tried all kinds of ways about this crash. Turn off any plug-in flight of the third party, and it will still crash. But it's very normal for me to install the PRO version back after uninstalling.
  • > @Boss said:
    > @XinLv
    > It is possible to have different flight plans on the left and right ND, if the left and right FMS do not have exactly the same flight plan. You should be able to check what the difference is, or use the FPL->MENU page to sync the flight plan to another. After that - if you are in flight - you need to compare both NAV pages and select the correct waypoints as PREV and TO, if they are different between 2 FMSs

Compared with the FMS function, I don't know enough. Maybe it's really my problem. I'm also watching the wonderful FMS use video of youtuber. In groping...thanks
  • edited December 2021

@ Kroswynd,
    @ XinLv, You may be on to something. I was on final (4.4nm) to rwy 27 at Victoria Int'l. CYYJ, lowered the landing gear and WHAMMO! The aircraft lurched like it had hit a concrete wall. The screen shot I've included doesn't show much, but it happened at the moment the landing gear went 3 greens. It's like there is a crash box extending down from the landing gear.
    That being said, I did complete a flight last night into CYEG without any issues. Although I did lower the landing gear from a greater altitude and distance from the airport.
    My simulator is P3Dv4.5.14.34698, Win 10 Pro, and of course the Q400 Training edition.
    CYYJ is the "enhanced" airport included with Orbx FTX NA Pacific Northwest region.
    CYEG is the FSim Studios Edmonton Int'l.
    I am going to re-fly the route, and if the same issue occurs, I will save the situation files.

Cheers, Craig

![]

• @Jax_in_BC

Thanks for the follow up. So we are at point now that we needed to try and isolate what may be triggering the event after the gear indicates 3 green.

Will keep an eye and ear out for more events.

• I just "completed" a test flight of the same route and got the same result.
    Here is a zip file containing the relevant situation files saved at the point of "impact".
    I did use the FDR for a short duration of this flight up to the point of the mid-air speedbump, but the file is too large to include here. Would the FDR information be of any use in this situation? I have a series of screen shots as well.

regards, Craig

• Adding a copy of the flight plan I used in the above scenario. Included both P3d and Q400 formats.

• @Jax_in_BC

Would it be possible for you to provide the FDR file for us ? Unfortunately we can't find any problem just using the situation files. To reduce the size of the file, one could begin recording shortly prior to releasing the gear

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    Adding a copy of the flight plan I used in the above scenario. Included both P3d and Q400 formats.

Unfortunately, we should have the same problem. This problem may involve many aspects, maybe windows system, or many, many. I am at a loss now. In addition, I have run out of installation times and am still waiting for their team to restore my activation times. I hope to solve the problem of game crash caused by putting down the wheel as soon as possible.: (

• @Boss FDR data enclosed.
    I flew a short flight from CYVR to CYYJ without any issues. At this point, I can not say that it is a Q400 issue alone. I was using Activesky, EZCA3, AI Separation, FSC9.x. I have used these add-ons with the Q400 Pro for some time without any problems. I will re-fly the CYEG-CYYJ route without these extras running to eliminate any outside causes. Will post my results here when done.

Cheers, Craig

• @Jax_in_BC thanks for the info/file. I took your data and actually flew your exact route and was able to replicate the issue. I was able to capture the FDR data as well. But your additional info hopefully will help us determine the issue.

Cheers
  • Kroswynd, your crashing is great news. Hopefully, a cause and solution can be found.

Regards, Craig

• "Unfortunately, we should have the same problem."
    XinLv, It is a good thing, that more than one person reported the problem. With the information given, Kroswynd has been able to replicate the issue. Now finding a solution may not be easy, but it is certainly easier than it was before.

Cheers, Craig

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    "Unfortunately, we should have the same problem."
    XinLv, It is a good thing, that more than one person reported the problem. With the information given, Kroswynd has been able to replicate the issue. Now finding a solution may not be easy, but it is certainly easier than it was before.

Cheers, Craig

It's really good news. I'm not very familiar with computers, and I even stop at many things. Let's look forward to it!

• Just now, I upgraded p3dv5 to 5.3. I reinstalled q400 and only turned on the weather software this time. But it's still an old problem.

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    "Unfortunately, we should have the same problem."

Cheers, Craig

I wonder if there will be a conflict between us using simbrief to transmit the route? I'm going to try to hit the waypoint by hand. Anyway, I've been trying.

• I have flown 2 more flights, same route, (CYEG-CYYJ) using activesky (live weather) with the crash happening at a similar distance from the runway. (nearing the NDB) The difference is; the first flight was to runway 27, as originally flown, and the second flight I was landing on rwy 09. In all instances, the landing lights are amber and red, not yet 3 green. Unfortunately, the crash occurred before I could start the FDR.
    Screenshots attached.
    The shots may be in a reverse order, but, as you can see, the first shot was taken just before I lowered the gear, with subsequent pics showing the events as they unfolded.
    Not much to go on, I know. I going to try a flight into a different airport, see what happens.
    Cheers, Craig

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    I have flown 2 more flights, same route, (CYEG-CYYJ) using activesky (live weather) with the crash happening at a similar distance from the runway. (nearing the NDB) The difference is; the first flight was to runway 27, as originally flown, and the second flight I was landing on rwy 09. In all instances, the landing lights are amber and red, not yet 3 green. Unfortunately, the crash occurred before I could start the FDR.
    Screenshots attached.
    The shots may be in a reverse order, but, as you can see, the first shot was taken just before I lowered the gear, with subsequent pics showing the events as they unfolded.
    Not much to go on, I know. I going to try a flight into a different airport, see what happens.
    Cheers, Craig

I've given up the crashed route. You can try a new route. I don't think it's worth wasting time on it. Wait for the team to solve the problem first. Today, I tried to fly the lgav-lgsk short distance route for only 30 minutes. I'm glad there was no crash, but it doesn't prove that the bug has been solved. I still dare not try flights for more than two hours and waste electricity, waste time. I mean, for now, let's forget the route with the bug and fly to other airports. Maybe there's a surprise. what you think?

Cheers!

• The issue is being researched and we'll give an update when we are able to identify the possible issue.

• @kroswynd said:
    The issue is being researched and we'll give an update when we are able to identify the possible issue.

@kroswynd said:
    The issue is being researched and we'll give an update when we are able to identify the possible issue.

Cheers! hardwork! Thank you