125Hz

edited January 6 in Customer support

I know that there are plenty of topics about setting 125Hz, i have browsed them, but unfortunately i am still in the wood regarding setting that thing.
I have done steps given in the manual, but the only result is that i lost control over plane, and my joystick moves only fwd and back in reverse logic.

Would anyone patiently and in details explain to me how to set this this thing?
I am not computer savvy, but even for such people this feature should be available...

Comments

• Hi,

The most important thing: you must delete any assignment of the controls in the simulator and in FSUIPC, if you are using it. The behavior described by you could be the result of a conflicting assignment.

So either via 125Hz or via simulator. Never both of them.

Rgds
    Reinhard
  • edited January 7

I have deleted P3D assignment for elevator and ailerons.
    During taxi plane drifts heavily to the left, and yoke only moves fwd and back in reverse logic.
    Would anyone guide me here?

• Ok, i have figured out reverse logic, yet still ailerons do not move an inch.
    Saw other posts where people had different numbers than 'J0' - how to figure out which is a proper number ?

• edited January 7

Noticed that during early stage of plane initialization process, yoke moves in all directions, at some point ( green bar shows steps ) things changing and yoke get locked.
    I feel like i make my own diary here... :)

• I recommend taking a view of this video and make changes based on your own setup.

Cheers
  • That video shows steps that are explained in the Manual, nothing new here.
    I did all required steps and still i do not have control.
    I assume that will not get more help in this forum, so will issue a ticket to get more tailored support.

• @Artur

Do you have any control devices that work as they should with the changes that you have made?

Rudders work? YES/NO
    Ailerons work? YES/NO
    Elevators work? YES/NO

If the joystick number is not correct then you will not have the proper input device being recognized. You will have to find out via something like fsuipc what your joystick number is and then make the necessary change.

A few years ago a community member make a tool to make this process easier, not sure if it is still available.

The post is still available on this forum. Simply do a search for "125hz Pro controls config tool/wizard".

Cheers
  • I have tried to download this tool, but i am not registered there and cannot see option to sign in. Regardless of this tool which additionally is not supported by You, i should be able to get 125Hz by reproducing steps described in the Manual.
    Answering ur questions, after all required changes done as per Manual, only Elevators works. I use freeware FSUIPC, so not much info i can get from there.

• In this example of the mjc84.ini you will see that the various input devices have specific numbers. if you are getting the correct deflection from the elevator control device - it is safe to assume that the associated joystick number and the X and Y axii are correct. Depending on your input device then your aileron axis should be the same number as the elevator axis. It is important to verify that the axis that your computer registers is actually assigned - so if your computer sees your aileron axis as Xz then you have to use Xz.

Not knowing how many input devices your setup has, you will have to determine what the control device number is and also determine what you axis assignment is.

Example:
    [JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
    =; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
    ; Ailerons
    J5_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
    ; Elevators
    J5_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC
    ; Rudder
    J4_Rz=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
    ; Tiller
    J3_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Tiller_ADC

cheers

• If '0' seems to be correct number for my joystick then why elevators are working and ailerons not ? Also strange is that for several seconds after initialization start up everything works fine, suddenly at some point things get changed and yoke get locked

• Sounds like you then need to follow your checklist - look at the gust lock.

• Gust lock - that was it! Slowly getting through. Now need to figure out rudder and voila :-)

• OK, dozen of blind trials, but success! Everything is working fine., only just purchased visual pack is unusable with 1_025a but can live with that. Thank You Kroswynd for help and patience.
    Here is my final set up

• Good to hear you are good to go.

Cheers