Jetways

So there use to be a CFG edit to the q400 to allow docking at none SODE jetways (ctrlJ) but I cannot access it on the old forum. Anyone remember what the edit was?

Comments

• I was looking for it too and I can't find it, I wonder if there's a way to make it work for SODE too 0_o.

• To get Jetways to work with this aircraft, make a backup of the current aircraft.cfg file first, and then replace the existing [exits] section in the aircraft.cfg file with this [exits] section:

[exits]
    number_of_exits = 4
    //exit_rate.0 = 0.2 ;Percent per second
    //exit_rate.1 = 0.2 ;Percent per second
    //exit_rate.2 = 0.2 ;Percent per second
    //exit_rate.3 = 0.2 ;Percent per second
    exit.0=0.2,-16.50, -5.0, 0.0, 0 //main door
    exit.1=0.2,-77.80, -4.5, -1.0, 1 //cargo door
    exit.2=0.2,-71.60, -4.5, 0.0, 2 //back door
    exit.3=0.2,-16.50, 4.5, 0.0, 2 //emergency doors

• Perhaps I'm being stupid but how can you use a jetway with the Q400 when the door opens downwards with integral steps?
  • edited August 2018

That's a good question. I do know, that Air Canada Jazz, Westjet Encore, and Horizon, all use jetways at Calgary Int'l. and Kelowna Int'l.. Maybe using a modified jetway for the type of aircraft? Most likely the handrail stays folded out of the way for the jetway to connect.

• edited August 2018

They open door first then jetway gets "Attached".
    Same applies for other small jets with same feature.

Forgot to mention, They use a small platform at or plate if you will from Jetway to Aircraft door floor to make transition leveled and safe to walk when needed.

And it is not a stupid question, you have not seen this before, that's all.

• forgot to mention, They use a small platform at or plate if you will from Jetway to Aircraft door floor to make transition leveled and safe to walk when needed.

• So the CRJs if I am not mistaken, has a side rail for the passenger door that can be lowered for the positioning of jetways, but the Dash 8s do not have this capability, however the jetway canopy once aligned with the pax door has a small platform which is which is positioned over the top stair into the cabin.

It is not a very common feature but still used quite a bit as it allows ease of use for many functions such as the loading of special assist/WCHR passengers and loading and unloading of passengers during inclement weather.

• Hello, I know this is a really old comment, but I've found a video that shows you can connect a jetway to the Dash 8 IRL. ANA often operates the Q400 with jetways.

Thanks for the advice regarding making the jetways work with the Dash in the sim!