Navigraph chart

Hi.
I just updated navigraph fms data of majestic.
But why navigraph chart of jeppesen is date of september 2020
And we be january 2021 ?

The problem is approach chart of navigraph not same name of transition than fms approach runway.

Comments

• All official jeppesen charts have an EFF (effective) date, and if I am understanding you correctly, you are questioning why a specific charts date does not match that off the latest navigraph update. The date you are seeing (if this is in fact your issue) would be the date that the change(s) were made to that specific chart became effective, superceding the previous chart.

The other issue could be that your update files may not be correctly placed in the "NAV" folder of the mjc8q400 root folder, if you are seeing a date of September for the navigation database. This would more than likely be a simple issue whereby the navigraph installer is not correctly pointed to the NAV folder.
  • Because i did a fly to CYWK and transition name of approach of runway 18 don't match with navigraph chart.
  • Is your NAV database up to date? Or is the source of your flight plan creation update?
  • Yes up to date.
    Flight plan from simbrief and airac cycle up to date.
  • Unless you are willing to provide us with additional information we are not able to guess/asaume your exact issue. Please take the time to provide as much information as possible for fellow simmers who may be able to provide a solution without having to guess what is being said. Images and or video can be really helpful.

MJC is not affiliated with Navigraph and we have no control over charts that they publish. The NAV database from time to time has been known to have errors which does happen with Jeppensen from time to time as well, although they will put out notification of the error and the proposed course of action to take until the issue is corrected.
  • The latest NAVDATA which expires 27-JAN-21 matches the latest Jeppesen chart (12-1) for CYWK effective 10 SEP 20 where the two transitions for Rwy 18 are ARAME / DUPLI.
    If there are no changes the Jeppesen charts are not updated every cycle and could be few years old.

• Ok sorry.
    I looked IGVIN and ODKUD.

• edited January 2021

Yes, that's the one. Up to date. Transitions ARAME / DUPLI. So everything should be fine now.

• can you help me about this approach for runway 27 with this star ?

after AGEBE direct to KAYDE ?
    or i must to take TYOTA and delete FIDEK BAMGE AND AGEBE ? I don t understand ?

• In the USA there is usually less flown by vectors, but mostly only if it is noted after waypoint AGEBE, as here. So you will fly normally to AGEBE, afterwards it goes by vectors towards the Final Approach Course, sooner or later. Until then, it continues after AGEBE with HDG 004 ° until ATC leads you to the final approach course, or you yourself if you fly offline.

• It is written on the chart : Landing West radar vectors prior to FIDEK.
    As we do not have radar vectors with the Sim (except online ATC) we have to do it ourselves.
    To follow (more or less) the radar vector procedure, I would say around 20 Nm before FIDEK go to HDG mode 090°. Descend to 5000 Ft. When intercepting QDR 360° FLM, HDG 360° until you intercept lhe LOC. To avoid a 90 ° interception of the LOC, help yourself with the NDB UR to plan your turn.

• Sorry, had lost sight of the Rwy 27 and limited me to the last waypoint. But my pre-writer has shown this in a comprehensible way.

• Ok super thank you so much
  • @FraPre sorry as well as I wrote the message and went to do something else and posted it in fact after you wrote yours but did not know.
    The main thing is that @helico55 can work it out.

• But when i prepare my flight must i delete waypoint after FIDEK of the star ?
  • Not necessarily, and only when it is certain that the Rwy in use would really be 27. Pre-planning can change from time to time. Since you will then be guided to the final approach course by vectors before or from FIDEK, so here then probably as it was recorded by @jpgmultimodal super, the STAR navigation points that are no longer required in the FMS do not play a role anymore, because you are Now you are flying via HDG (LNAV HDG is not suitable here, as you will not return to the routing according to the flight plan). If you are then approved for the intercept of the final approach course by ATC and fly on this last specified HDG, you activate the approach on the NAV page, and all waypoints from the current position to the FAF / FACF are deleted, and the Approach baseline shown extended. At that moment, the superfluous waypoints are also removed.

• So when I prepare my flight I must to take a flight routing by simbrief and only enter runway departure
    SID and STAR that's it ?

After I wait ATC give me runway landing ?

Surely there will be mistake with last part of flight if it's not the good star for that runway.
  • If you are planning a flight, it usually consists of a SID, the enroute flight, the STAR / transition and the approach. Where not available, SID and STAR / Transition are missing. If you fly with real weather, you can roughly estimate which Rwy will be used based on the weather conditions at the destination. You can also check that on Flight24. But sometimes you have planned incorrectly, the weather changes or the simulator wants it different.
    You will find out about this in the simulator sometimes quite late and then have to try to use vectors to get into a cheap course to intercept the final approach. You can usually forget the ATC of the simulator, if you fly online, the controllers are responsible for your flight guidance. The planning of a particular STAR can therefore no longer fit and a lot is then no longer correct. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you at the moment whether you will be assigned a new STAR in real time. But once I wrote to a pilot friend of mine, let's see what he says.
    If no ATC helps you, you have to come to the FAF / FACF yourself and of course land. In your example you are lucky, the STAR applies to all Rwy's and you should know by FIDEK at the latest to which Rwy the journey is going.

• So, I got an answer, in addition to the new Rwy, the cockpit crew will also be informed of the change in the STAR (or Routing) via a revised routing information.